Any of you Jeeps expert? Advice on Wheels/Tire and lift

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
I am looking into buying a Black 2010 Jeep rubicon 4 doors. I want to beef it up some, but not to much since it will be driven most of the time by my wife. I have seen a few and what I think I will go with is 4" lift and 35' tires with Black rims. Is it too much lift, with 35" tires do I need 4" lift. What is the exact size of rim/tires should I look for, and do I need spacers? Like I say I just want to beef it a little without going too much

Thanks in advance for your help
JMichaud

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Go to Jeep Forums. Sure someone will chime in for you but I would head there so you have plenty of pics and people to get ideas from.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
On the new Wranglers, you technically don't even need a lift to run 35's, just different fenders (or cut the stockers).

Friends of mine with JK Rubicons are running 3" lifts with 35" tires with no problems. Don't cheap out and get the little rubber pucks either, might as well get a decent kit with new springs and maybe longer control arms. Also have to watch out for the track bars on JK's, I hear they need to be upgraded and the mounts beefed up when installing a lift.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
On the new Wranglers, you technically don't even need a lift to run 35's, just different fenders (or cut the stockers).

Friends of mine with JK Rubicons are running 3" lifts with 35" tires with no problems. Don't cheap out and get the little rubber pucks either, might as well get a decent kit with new springs and maybe longer control arms. Also have to watch out for the track bars on JK's, I hear they need to be upgraded and the mounts beefed up when installing a lift.

Funny you mention the pucks. I just installed a set of those on a Wrangler this past weekend. Definitely don't go that route...it's a cheap cop out.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Thought you said Jeep.... They stopped being jeeps in the 90s...

Not really sure what you mean there, but the new JK Wrangler is easily the most capable Jeep (in stock form) ever made. Really the only downfall is the minivan engine. The sheer size of them doesn't really help in tight trails either, but for open stuff, the width is good for stability.

DREAMCOMETRUE

Established Member
thanks Guys!!!! I will go on forum and ask. It will not go in wood. the wife will drive it most of the time. i wonder what is the bigest size of tire and rim i can put on the Rubicon without a lift.

Thanks

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member

GodStang

Established Member
They stopped being Jeeps in 1986! CJ-7 FTW! :rockon: (I have an 85 CJ-7 so I'm biased)

Real Jeeps have leaf springs and round headlights.

I agree even though I do have an 88 Wrangler that is pretty built. Still has all the AMC stuff but has square headlights.

IMG_0618.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread