any of you have jeeps?

4camV8

Established Member
i just picked up this 85 CJ7 for free... it'll keep the cobra off the road this winter, and come spring it can be my wheelin project!
more pics [click]

jeep side_II.jpg

andrew03

Established Member
yes i have a jeep. its a 1992 white jeep wrangler. it has a bds 3.5 inch suspension lift and 1.5 inch shackles. it also has super swamper tsl, ltb 33 13.50 tires on eagle alloy 589's. its a killer 4wheelin machine, and it has a 4 cylinder in it and its way faster than my 03 cobra:thumbsup: i also have a 1997 dodge dakota 4x4 for a daily driver

dsroten

Established Member
Hell yeah free stuff is always accepted. If you dont want to keep it, I'll take it. :thumbsup: :beer:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Are you going to put a new tub in it? Jeeps are kick ass especially the CJ series, I love the CJ5's they have a super short wheelbase, perfect for rock jumping.

GoatDaddy

Old Jeeps are f'in sweet. A buddy of mine bought two 1940's Willy's Jeeps and used them to build one badass little machine. It was ugly as hell, but would go just about anywhere.

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by sohowcome
Are you going to put a new tub in it?

Not if i don't have to. New tub (steel) = $2500.
What i need is 2 rear corners, two wheelhouses, and two rear side panels... i can get all that for under $300. My buddy can weld 'em in for the price of buying him a few beers when we're done, and then it's off to Maaco!

Oh it needs a grille and front driver's fender also, but only cause they're a little dented, not rusted all to hell and gone like the back, so they can wait.

KDog

Established Member
Yup, other vehicle is a 2002 Jeep Liberty. I bought it for the wife as a birthday/christmas present in '01. Silver Limited edition. I was really doubting the quality at first, but it's an awesome vehicle!

GodStang

Established Member
I have a 1988 Jeep Wrangler. Has a Inline 6 bored 60 over. It has a Detroit Locker with 4.10s in the front and a Ford 8.8 in the Rear. We ordered the Eaton E-Locker and when it gets here it will have that in the rear with 4.10 gears. Then we can put the Pro-Comp X-terrains on. They are 35x12.5. It has a 8,000lb Warn winch on the front. The inside is Rinolined and has smitty built bumpers and steps. Also has 3.5 inch superlift suspension and 1.75 inch shaklelift. Made for Deer hunting.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
Originally posted by 4camV8
Not if i don't have to. New tub (steel) = $2500.
What i need is 2 rear corners, two wheelhouses, and two rear side panels... i can get all that for under $300. My buddy can weld 'em in for the price of buying him a few beers when we're done, and then it's off to Maaco!

Oh it needs a grille and front driver's fender also, but only cause they're a little dented, not rusted all to hell and gone like the back, so they can wait.

Why don't you just trim the rear corners and flat-fender the front fenders? That way you can fit much larger tires and get rid of the rust all at once(and it's free).

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by RSXFMCJWR
Why don't you just trim the rear corners and flat-fender the front fenders? That way you can fit much larger tires and get rid of the rust all at once(and it's free).

That's interesting... i hadn't really thought of that... can you go into a little more detail? Also, i may have to change the rear side panels while doing the wheel houses anyway... but i have to start tearing things apart to get a better sense of that...

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
My grandma has a 84 grand wagoneer for bad weather, the little wagoneer. It does better in mud and snow on the roads than my hiboy does, it will scoot along muddy trails and roads really good, my hiboy loves to slide in the ditch and be thrashed on to get out. Gotta love dana60's, 4.56's with lockers and 36 in tires :beer: But for getting you someplace in an emergency in the snow or something it is the rig you want.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
That's interesting... i hadn't really thought of that... can you go into a little more detail? Also, i may have to change the rear side panels while doing the wheel houses anyway... but i have to start tearing things apart to get a better sense of that...

Here are examples of what I mean:

FRONT
LinkPhoto.jpg

BACK
dsc03066.jpg

ygohome

Bullz
Established Member
i just picked up this 85 CJ7 for free... it'll keep the cobra off the road this winter, and come spring it can be my wheelin project!
more pics [click]

jeep side_II.jpg

COOL!!!! COngratulations!!! Is this your first JEEP (Just Empty Every Pocket)

prior to the Cobra all I've owned has pretty much just been Jeeps... with exception to my first car (77 datsun 810).

right now I'm working on getting my 89 wrangler running. I'm putting in a rebuilt 4.0 long block, Hesco wire harness, new computer, 160 amp alternator, and new fuel pump.

I've been working on this thing for the last 2 years now, so far it has 3.5" custom arched leaf springs. spring over with shackle reversal, 2" body lift, dana 60 rear with 44 in front, atlas II t-case, sets of 35" ATs on 15x8 MT challenger rims for street and 38" TSLs on 15x10 rock crawler steel rims. I'll post pics tonight when I get home. I just got a new soft top for it that I'm putting on tonight... can't wait to get this thing rolling again.

I sold the 99 wrangler which was built more than the 89. I sold it in order to get something more reliable... the 03 cobra.

The Jeeps are still my favorite :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread