any of you have and complaints or gripes about your place of employment?

bleedout

Established Member
so recently i have had nothing but bullshit come my way from the administration dept. at my work. i actually believe that they have singled me out and are on my ass and watching me closely to see if i make any mistakes. without getting into a lot of detail, i know i cant be the only one on this site that has or has had issues with their job or bosses or co-workers. anyone care to share some emotion and frustrations here? and the easy thing to do and what i want to say is "#$%@ you" and I quit, however i moved 5 hours away from my home and last place of employment/career to settle down where i am at now. now there is all kinds of bullshit coming my way and complaints against me for the most ridiculous things. its a very shitty feeling knowing that your really not welcome at the place where you chose to continue your career at and that you moved specifically for. so as i sit here a crack a beer i'd love to hear some similair stories!!!!:beer:

That's life man. You aren't going to be liked by everyone. I'm sure everyone has gone through it at their job with someone one time or another.

bright blue

Established Member
Yup. A-holes are everywhere.

We have one guy here at work that has run everyone out of the department that he works in. He is alone there now, and his boss (we have 4 departmental bosses/owners) thinks that he can do no wrong, even though in the past month, he has screwed up at least $100K worth of work. His boss always finds someone else to point fingers at, even though that guy's name is all over the prints.

He now has turned his focus towards me, because he thinks that he should be over IT because he is an amateur computer geek. He thinks he can do my job when he don't even know the correct way to put an end on an old CAT5 cable. LOL

I told him last week that the worst thing he could do is try to get a "one up" on me.

Other than that, my only gripes are, no raises (for anybody except the owners, not even increment for those not topped out) in 3 years, 401K was taken away, and now I pay 10x more for health insurance. I love my job, but it gets harder and harder to stay each year.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
You could be unemployed.
In my experience those that feel they are being singled out, typically are doing something to draw the extra attention to themselves or are just overly paranoid.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The store manager tried telling me that it was sad that I wanted to go to the doctor for my back injury. He said I was taking money out of all the other employees paychecks. :rollseyes

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I did but now I opened a business with a friend and my only gripe is that our first office sucks. But it's free...lol

Coiled03

Established Member
If you have a job, odds are, you have some gripes, whether big or small.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
No majors with my current job but recently i changed crews due to people getting busted for DUI license suspension and drug failures, my previous yard and crew are total go getters, getting as much shit done during the week so you can kind of chill on Friday, the current crew has the **** em give them the bare minimum and no more mentality, im not wired that way. i foresee a conflict coming down the pipe here shortly. I guess my gripe is the lazy people i work with.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
ex wife would say they were watching her and complaining about her etc......turns out she was drinking at lunch, always late, and lying about tardiness.....she got fired.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Not really, just the communication between staff and the manager/asst manager is subpar.

04Machsy

Established Member
I don't like my job but most of that is because the doors will be closed in less than month. I really need to get out there & find another

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
No majors with my current job but recently i changed crews due to people getting busted for DUI license suspension and drug failures, my previous yard and crew are total go getters, getting as much shit done during the week so you can kind of chill on Friday, the current crew has the **** em give them the bare minimum and no more mentality, im not wired that way. i foresee a conflict coming down the pipe here shortly. I guess my gripe is the lazy people i work with.

That's my main gripe, lazy co-workers. Some of them just flat out don't give a shit. It's amazing that they still have jobs.

bleedout

Established Member
Yup. A-holes are everywhere.

We have one guy here at work that has run everyone out of the department that he works in. He is alone there now, and his boss (we have 4 departmental bosses/owners) thinks that he can do no wrong, even though in the past month, he has screwed up at least $100K worth of work. His boss always finds someone else to point fingers at, even though that guy's name is all over the prints.

He now has turned his focus towards me, because he thinks that he should be over IT because he is an amateur computer geek. He thinks he can do my job when he don't even know the correct way to put an end on an old CAT5 cable. LOL

I told him last week that the worst thing he could do is try to get a "one up" on me.

Other than that, my only gripes are, no raises (for anybody except the owners, not even increment for those not topped out) in 3 years, 401K was taken away, and now I pay 10x more for health insurance. I love my job, but it gets harder and harder to stay each year.

i'll agree to the terrible health insurance man. i pay a lot for nothing, its actually very pathetic. as i know everyone has their ups and downs at the work place, its just ive about had it with the nonsense. just blowin off some steem lol

LSUstang05

Established Member
That's my main gripe, lazy co-workers. Some of them just flat out don't give a shit. It's amazing that they still have jobs.

This isn't everywhere, but at my current job, those that are outspoken and try to fix problems that are obviously apparent are singled out and chastised for trying to improve processes. The workers that are lazy and do _just_ enough to stay off the radar are praised for their work while the ones actually trying to fix shit are hammered on daily.

finaliize

Established Member
I work in the restaurant business as a cook while I go to school full time. The restaurant is part of an LLC company with 1 sole owner who owns 2 marinas and about 4 other restaurants. The vice president, basically the owners' lapdog, is at our restaurant every day. The owner requested that no one park in the main parking lot and we have to park across the street. Im extremely paranoid about my Mustang and stupid people so I didnt think anything of it.

Eventually the VP got pissed off enough and told me to go home, because I parked in the main parking lot. Now things are a bit better between us but every day he asks me "did you sell that piece of shit yet?"

I ask him the same back, being that he drives like a 93 Mercedes...

TL;DR, VP is hellbent on watching where only I park, but no one else. Many other employees continue to park in the main parking lot but if he sees my car he will get pissed and send me home.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
I don't think there is a job on this planet that someone can't find something to complain about. Everyone has their gripes with a job I know I do and I only work part time. BS just comes with the territory in life I guess. We all just have to get through it and don't back down.

Lucky for me though I have a great department manager that treats everyone fairly and with respect. Store managers can suck sometimes I guess but they generally leave the lower people alone. Its either other co-workers that can suck or people (I work in retail) that make the job stink. If you ever worked in retail you will know that its customers that often cause the most headaches

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread