Any News On The Voodoo Intake Manifold?

RiskyRick

Established Member
Very interested to see if it's a possible upgrade for a coyote. If it supports 8k+ rpm on a 5.2, then it's obviously a different animal than the stock 5.0 manifold. Anyone know anything about it yet? I'm sure that it may be a little early to ask this, but I figured there should be a thread for info as it becomes available.

RiskyRick

Established Member
It's just equal length runners and a common plenum with a throttle body in the front. Unless the flange and/or port shape is different, it will likely bolt on. Theres nothing really flat plane specific about an intake manifold AFAIK. All the whole flat plane crank thing amounts to is a firing order change as far as the top end is concerned , and it's not like the intake is a dual plane or anything firing order specific.

AZBOSS

Established Member
Does that mean that port matching is required on the "standard" 5.0 heads, or will it physically not work with coyote heads?

THAT is a question that I do not have an answer to. I assume the information I was told was "stock on both sides" of the equation.

RiskyRick

Established Member
Even if it's just a matter of port matching, I'd be out of the market as I'm not going to take this car far enough to justify tearing into the longblock, but it'd still be interesting to see a stock looking high rpm option.

Guess that leaves me in the market for a Boss or CJ manifold, but I'm still interested to see more Voodoo information as it develops.

redline5.0

Established Member
Even if it's just a matter of port matching, I'd be out of the market as I'm not going to take this car far enough to justify tearing into the longblock, but it'd still be interesting to see a stock looking high rpm option.

Guess that leaves me in the market for a Boss or CJ manifold, but I'm still interested to see more Voodoo information as it develops.

Regardless if you go cj or voodoo you will want oil pump gears and even a crank sprocket to be on the safe side. Also track times didn't seem to improve any over 8k rpm shifts on the coyote, and shaun from aed said people were running slower at the track over 7950rpm but I haven't went to the track yet to try spinning it higher.

RiskyRick

Established Member
Regardless if you go cj or voodoo you will want oil pump gears and even a crank sprocket to be on the safe side. Also track times didn't seem to improve any over 8k rpm shifts on the coyote, and shaun from aed said people were running slower at the track over 7950rpm but I haven't went to the track yet to try spinning it higher.

I'm not looking to spin anywhere near that high, probably shift 75-7600. By tearing into the longblock I meant I'm not looking to pull the heads, I'll take everything off the front for an oil pump if need be.

I wasn't looking for intake info just for me, though, anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread