Any Moviepass subscribers here?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I'm hearing that moviepass gave up the ghost today around 3:30pm nationwide. Can anyone confirm?

Who would have thought a business model that essentially gives away free money would fail? They were essentially accepting $5 bills and exchanging them for $20. And when questioned about their plans to become profitable the reply was we will make up for the losses with volume. LOL

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm hearing that moviepass gave up the ghost today around 3:30pm nationwide. Can anyone confirm?

Who would have thought a business model that essentially gives away free money would fail? They were essentially accepting $5 bills and exchanging them for $20. And when questioned about their plans to become profitable the reply was we will make up for the losses with volume. LOL

Everything I’m reading is just an orange, they had a similar one last week.

However, I’m with you on the horrible business plan. What a joke. Hahahahaha

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Everything I’m reading is just an orange, they had a similar one last week.

However, I’m with you on the horrible business plan. What a joke. Hahahahaha

If you invested $10,000 in moviepass (via helios and matheson stock) last year your investment would now be worth about 38 cents. Im amazed the SEC hasn't raided their offices and kicked them off all the major exchanges.

Zemedici

Established Member
If you invested $10,000 in moviepass (via helios and matheson stock) last year your investment would now be worth about 38 cents. Im amazed the SEC hasn't raided their offices and kicked them off all the major exchanges.

And i would be one pissed off investor.....YIKES.

Stanger00

Established Member
Clue was up when Stars Wars hit in May. They only allowed one ticket per subscriber for that movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
I got it back in April as a birthday gift- a 1 year subsciption. Even if they didnt fold, I wouldnt reup it. They changed it from 'any movie as many times' to 'each movie once' to '5 times per month'. Ive used it 6 times now- still not breaking even- and it looks like it may die before I do.

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
I'm a subscriber, at 9.99/month it almost seemed too good to be true, but I've been seeing 3-4 movies/month since the beginning of the year. I don't know how it's sustainable, but now they charge you an extra fee if you are seeing a movie during a "peak" time which seems to be any time not a matinee.

Users who are viewing this thread