any more updates on the 2010 GT 500's?

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Any more updates on people that have ordered their 2010 GT 500? Any ETA on delivery etc?

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
Ordered mine on 3/24/2009 for exactly MSRP.

Kona Blue with silver stripes.
HIDs.

Should be getting a VIN this week. My dealer states there is still a hold on the HIDs, but I've read at least one post here and/or on Team Shelby that claims the hold is off. Sent my dealer an email. Waiting for response.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
awesome!! Do you know if you can get the 19" wheels on the convertible instead of the standard 18's?

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
The dealer in Sarasota Florida is expecting to take their first delivery in about two weeks. I was at the Auto Alliance International Plant on March 13, 2009, and the staging lanes were starting to load with production gt500's. Although most of the very early VIN's are showing a March 16, 2009 build date production started a few days prior.

The photo shows a White w/Grabber Blue stripes and two cars back is a Grabber Blue w/ White stripes.

I should be passing through again on Monday morning. I will take a few more pictures.

DSC04297.jpg

Last edited:

StillIntense

Established Member
I have my VIN and window sticker, having ordered the car on January 2d. Last six of the VIN are 105907 and I haven't heard a damned thing from the dealer. Through online searches and friends at Ford I know the car is built or was just finished today. However, neither the dealer nor anyone else has any additional info. Only thing that I've been told is early to mid April for delivery. What I think will happen is that we will know about delivery of the first production run later this week due to the buck and build dates. And everyone with an early production run car will get theirs within a day or two of each other, again sometime in the next couple of weeks or so.

Baby Gorilla

MACA Member #531
Established Member
I have my VIN and window sticker, having ordered the car on January 2d. Last six of the VIN are 105907 and I haven't heard a damned thing from the dealer. Through online searches and friends at Ford I know the car is built or was just finished today. However, neither the dealer nor anyone else has any additional info. Only thing that I've been told is early to mid April for delivery. What I think will happen is that we will know about delivery of the first production run later this week due to the buck and build dates. And everyone with an early production run car will get theirs within a day or two of each other, again sometime in the next couple of weeks or so.

Thanks for the info. Did you order HID or halogen headlamps?

jbrown1238

Established Member

What color did you order, coupe or conv? I can take a look at the staging lanes on Monday when I am in Flat Rock and try to get a photo if you want.

StillIntense

Established Member
jbrown: talked with you earlier on another thread. It is a Grabber Blue coupe, white stripes. Photos would be great! I think that it's already built though....
Baby Gorilla: halogens, Shaker 1000.

jbrown1238

Established Member
jbrown: talked with you earlier on another thread. It is a Grabber Blue coupe, white stripes. Photos would be great! I think that it's already built though....
Baby Gorilla: halogens, Shaker 1000.

Now I remember! I will take a look when I am there on Monday. If I see it ready to ship I will get a few photos for you. I think the Grabber Blue one in the previous photo, behind the white one was built ahead of yours as it was sitting there on Friday March 13, 2009. I plan on passing through on Monday and Friday of next week.

Before Friday March 13, 2009 all I noticed was regular GT's on the property.

DSC04295.jpg

DSC04298.jpg

Last edited:

StillIntense

Established Member
Thanks buddy! I'd be thrilled to see those photos. At this point, I'm in limbo; I'm 90% sure that the car is already built but the dealership has no additional info. Very frustrating at this point. Seeing pictures of the car at the plant would be simply amazing. If you get any, please PM them to me as well.
Mark

jbrown1238

Established Member
Thanks buddy! I'd be thrilled to see those photos. At this point, I'm in limbo; I'm 90% sure that the car is already built but the dealership has no additional info. Very frustrating at this point. Seeing pictures of the car at the plant would be simply amazing. If you get any, please PM them to me as well.
Mark

Will do.

StillIntense

Established Member
Just stopped by the dealership AGAIN. Buck and build dates are past but the rest of the info is "TBD"......and this is true for ALL of the Shelby and GT 2010 Mustangs. V-6s are showing delivery dates.
I can only assume that that the V-8s are undergoing the normal first run super-detailed inspections that they normally get.

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Just stopped by the dealership AGAIN. Buck and build dates are past but the rest of the info is "TBD"......and this is true for ALL of the Shelby and GT 2010 Mustangs. V-6s are showing delivery dates.
I can only assume that that the V-8s are undergoing the normal first run super-detailed inspections that they normally get.

That is what I read on the team shelby forums as well, the cars were being run thru all those tests/inspections.

These are awesome cars!!

jbrown1238

Established Member
That is what I read on the team shelby forums as well, the cars were being run thru all those tests/inspections.

These are awesome cars!!

That is probably true as I did see several V6 cars leaving the factory on there own in full wrap heading out to a undisclosed location several weeks ago. No V8 cars moving off the property at that time.

DSC04302.jpg

DSC04303.jpg

Last edited:

jbrown1238

Established Member
man you got all kinds of nice pictures :)

Thanks, I have been watching the plant over the past month waiting for a chance to collect a few nice shots of the GT500's as they become available. Just by chance I will be returning Monday, I thought last time would be the end for my travel to MI. As it goes I need to make one more trip. I really hope to catch some heading out on Motor Convoy if they are shipping next week.

Users who are viewing this thread