Any Modular 2V guys w/ Centrifuge running blower cams?

Josh2J

Supercharged Saleen
Established Member
If so, how do you like them? pro's / cons? experience. I have an 02 w/ Vortech V3 blower and about to order Anderson F42 blower cams.

Last edited:

Chais92

Established Member
I have Houston performance s292 blower cams, but no numbers or experience yet. Should be tuned soon and I will be sure to post up but it will prolly be too late for u. Good luck tho!

Stanger00

Established Member
You should give Tim Barth a call. Still one of the best out there IMO. He works at Mr. Norms garage in Illinois look up the shop on the internet. His contact info can be found there, do not be discouraged by their lack of 2 valve parts.

blumnday99

Established Member
I've got a 4V with a Prcharger and Crower stage 2 blower cams.

No real complaints. I've got a remote start on my car, and sometimes when it's cold out the car won't remote start correctly. It starts up, but then dies quickly. If I start it up with the key in the ignition, it starts up right away.

Other than that, it drives like it did with the stock cams.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Go with the AFMs. I'm running them in my V1 build.Very happy... Anderson does there research. And all the local builders recommended them.

Josh2J

Supercharged Saleen
Established Member
cool thanks guys for all the feedback.... and Gixxer how is the loping on them AFM's? sound good? I am afraid I am gona spend all this money to upgrade and its not gona sound much different than stock. I 'm really hoping it sounds as rad as the comp stage 2's seem to, but probably getting my hopes up to much.

stangnutlx

Dreamin about Boobies
Established Member
im running comp 270's now, I have also wondered what blower cams would do for me

gixxer1kr

Established Member
They sound good but don't expect this sick loping sound. Its not a push rod motor. But u can here them and with the headers and cams I love the way my car sounds. Definitely hear the blower fluctuate up and down in the whine. But I did it for the power and sound. If ur set on sound save ur money.

Josh2J

Supercharged Saleen
Established Member
ya i dont expect it to sound like a drag car but am hoping its noticeable. I want people to know it has a cam by listeneing to it at idle. Thats all. Doesnt have to be radical.
Like you said, hoping with the headers it will sound nice. Hoping for nice power gain too. I will post an update in a couple weeks when everything is done.

ZLwhat?

Speed addict
Established Member
I like the comp 270s I had them on my Mach, and they sound knarley, but also work well with boost/ nitrous. I like them waaaY better than the blower cams i have expeirenced. Blower cams don't have enough overlap for my taste.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
My buddy had comp 270's on his procharged gt with longtubes and it sounded awesome. He switched to bullet blower cams and honestly couldn't really tell much difference in sound. I've got his old 270's now in my new motor which I'll be running a D1SC on once I get everything installed. :banana:

THAITED

Established Member
I bought my comp cams XF274 a long time ago when there were no blower cams available, so far so good.

Last edited:

gixxer1kr

Established Member
Yeah when cams are designed there designed on a lathe, computer software and dyno.Not a recording studio...lmao:banana: And u can hear the F42 s but they are designed for specific specs....

Josh2J

Supercharged Saleen
Established Member
wow, I am not allowed at all to like or ask how cams sound on a car? so I guess you feel the same about aftermarket exhaust too? made for increased flow and horsepower, but nobody is allowed to wonder how they sound before buying and installing them. And I am sure nobody buys exhausts just for the sound, thats ridiculous. Great logic.

gixxer1kr

Established Member
That wasnt intended for u bro. People start rattling and going off topic. Like i said the Afm F42s sound good and u will be happy with the gains and sound. Im running Bbk headers,pypes high flow cats and Xpipes with Slp loudmouths so yes i am appealed to sound. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread