Any max effort V6 builds?

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Wondering if anyone here has/knows of any serious V6 builds that has been documented. I see turbo/SC 5.0 build threads all the time and I'd like to see something like that for the V6.

Before you ask, no I don't have a V6 and I'm not planning on buying one, I just like underdog type builds.

nate714

Established Member
Wondering if anyone here has/knows of any serious V6 builds that has been documented. I see turbo/SC 5.0 build threads all the time and I'd like to see something like that for the V6.

Before you ask, no I don't have a V6 and I'm not planning on buying one, I just like underdog type builds.

I saw a pretty crazy turbo v6 with nitrous on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvPWLtmnm8

There's plenty out there if you search. Idk how many if any are on this forum.

TheBorkinator

Established Member
I saw a pretty crazy turbo v6 with nitrous on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xvPWLtmnm8

There's plenty out there if you search. Idk how many if any are on this forum.

Yeah that's a really good video. I saw it was on stock internals but they said they had forged internals at the shop ready to go in. MMR also makes a forged bottom end kit rated for like 1200 hp. I've found a few forum threads on other site where guys went with a procharger/bolt-ons but I haven't found any where anyone has gone all out with it.

jn2

Established Member
There is a local I see from time to time with a centrifugal blower on, not 100% on the brand but he goes out to a lot of the car shows and meets.

Healthforhazard

Established Member
A local guy had a twin turbo build on a stock block. Had a build thread started on AFM or mustangevo but can't seem to find it. His screen name was gator37

TheBorkinator

Established Member

These are some good reads. Super disappointed with that JMP build though. Was really looking forward to the end build and it never came.

So I'm finding most guys are hitting their limit around 500-600 wheel? Not bad at all for the V6.

AKDMB

Established Member
Apparently JMP has done several twin kits now for people. Don't know what they have been making. I didn't know people were consistently taking them past 400 to 450 rwhp. I don't know what the true limit is honestly. Haven't done too much reading on it lately. The Limitless car may or may not have been on stock internals in the 1320 feature, seems like no one could get a straight answer on that setup. There are several kits out now I guess, Bomber/MPT, Limitless, JMP, not too much info though, at least on forums. They really are like 6 cylinder coyotes, power wise, tuning wise, maybe not strength wise though.

TheBorkinator

Established Member
Apparently JMP has done several twin kits now for people. Don't know what they have been making. I didn't know people were consistently taking them past 400 to 450 rwhp. I don't know what the true limit is honestly. Haven't done too much reading on it lately. The Limitless car may or may not have been on stock internals in the 1320 feature, seems like no one could get a straight answer on that setup. There are several kits out now I guess, Bomber/MPT, Limitless, JMP, not too much info though, at least on forums. They really are like 6 cylinder coyotes, power wise, tuning wise, maybe not strength wise though.

Pretty sure they said they were beating on it to see what the stock limit is. I know in the JMP thread he was talking shit on the LPF kit saying it wasn't very well built. Would like to see some more V6 stuff, I think they're pretty underrated engines.

Users who are viewing this thread