Any male nurses on SVTP????

Stephen93Cobra

1993 SVT Cobra
Established Member
I am thinking about changing my major from Business/Management and going into Nursing! Are there any male nurses on here? I just want to get some more information from some of you guys on here too... Do you think it would be a good career choice?

Stephen

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
There are some "Murses" here. Nursing is a very good field, high need and very good pay. Male Nurses (Murses) who are straight also get a lot of hot nurse ass. Docs get more though.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
There are some "Murses" here. Nursing is a very good field, high need and very good pay. Male Nurses (Murses) who are straight also get a lot of hot nurse ass. Docs get more though.

+1 to all of that. After spending alot of time in the ER, some of the stories the Murses would tell me made me want to go sign up for nursing school right away haha.

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
anything medical is a good career choice . Also good things medical to look into would be radiographer (what I am) and also respiratory therapist.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
+1 on a great career with endless, endless job security. my wife is a retired nurse (28, mother of twin 6 month old girls). she made $50k first year out of college, and wasn't even going for the high paying jobs. last year she made $35k working a little more than 6 months.

nurses have 'weekend option' contracts where you work two weekend days for 16 weekends in a row (you get 1-2 weekends off), and earn $40+/hr

and you get to hang out with all the hot ass nurses

Buff03svt

Established Member
I'm a murse and will hopefully be getting into anesthesia pretty soon. It is a great field to go into, and it's nice to be able to help people.

Scott

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
my wife got her masters in nursing about 2 years ago and is about 2
years into her PHD degree with a 3.7 GPA in nursing science
Im very proud of her :bowdown:

Stephen93Cobra

1993 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Yea, I'm really going to go for it now and I'll be working at the hospital while going to school... It sounds like I'll be making a great career choice now! Thank you all for your input on this...

pharmd2010

Established Member
Good luck to you. How much you make as a salary will depend on how far you want to go with school. Check into Physicians Assistant programs and Anesthesiologist Assistant programs too. They also make very good money. Most jobs in the medical field have great job security, which is a big reason why I decided to go that route too (pharmacy).

godfather

CAPTAIN
Established Member
Good luck to you. How much you make as a salary will depend on how far you want to go with school. Check into Physicians Assistant programs and Anesthesiologist Assistant programs too. They also make very good money. Most jobs in the medical field have great job security, which is a big reason why I decided to go that route too (pharmacy).

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member

Thats funny your from savannah AND mention Anesthesiologist Assistant. I'm an Respiratory Therapist and thinking about going to South University for that very program. Also have a friend about to Attend South in the fall for Pharm.

Back to the OP.

Though I'm not a Murse, im an RT and can attest to the what these guys are saying about nurses doing well. Though the field of Nursing seems to be becoming more of an option for Males there still aren't many, though i think they are in a good position. Alot of departments like to hire male nurses do to some of the heavy lifting ect. that is needed depending on the department (ortho, neuro. ect).

Beyond the fact that you have almost unlimited ability to pretty much pick the town your in do to the need for nursing/radiological/RT ect staff in pretty much every city in the country. The pay is usually above average of incomes in any area that you choose plus thier are "benefits" that have already been discussed in this thread already for working with like a 20/80% ration men to women or better.

ChuckV

Established Member
I'm training for it, and have several friends that are.

They all LOVE their jobs. Very rewarding, with good hours, great pay, great benefits, and great job security. And you can pull A LOT of tail as a Murse.

=HOTWAD=

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Established Member
Going to be graduating from college in may and have already been applying to several accelerated 2nd degree BSN programs...and like Buff03svt I plan to go into Anesthesia one day. Worked a few summers as an Anesthesia Aide for a local hospital and now I have no doubt in my mind thats what I want to do in life(despite being teased for being a murse)! NO shame!

Users who are viewing this thread