Any Lethal O/R H-Pipe Complaints?

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I'm looking into possibly picking up an O/R H-Pipe or X-Pipe and the Lethal pipe seems to be a pretty good deal. I listened to some sound clips on YouTube and I liked the H-Pipe sound a little better. I do have Roush ABs so from what I hear, it'll be loud. Most of the reason I want it is because I really like the sound along with a lope tune.

My questions are: Does it drone to the point where you can't hold a conversation in the car? Is there a noticeable difference in power between just an O/R H-Pipe or going full LTHs and an H-Pipe?

I would go with LTHs, but being that I live in NY I would like to have the option of easily removing the H-Pipe if I can't find someone to pass me on inspection

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
I have the Lethal H on my car. It fit OK, I recommend some high temp RTV to help with the seal on the header flange. As for the Lethal H and and the Roush AB's....NO WAY!! It is way too loud. You'll wake the dead with a cold start at 6am. I threw the stockers back on till I found some used GT500's.

casper gt

Established Member
I currently have a lethal o/r/h on my car now, fit was excelent (I did use new oem header flange gaskets though).

I have the o/r/h, stock mid pipes with resonators & pype bomb a/b's.

it quite loud on cold starts but settles down quick to the point of being quite pleasant at warn idle.

it is pretty loud a wot but crusing at 70 mph (for example) is relatively quiet.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
I have the lethal o/r h on my car and the fit was good. However it makes a weird ass rattling type noise when under load at lower rpms. I think it might just be the material used.

55R

Noobie Boobie
Established Member
Lethal H with Roush Axle backs, here. Fitment was good on the lethal. no complaints. it is beyond loud in it's current set-up. anything above 3k RPM's sounds like WOT on any other system. it sounds good and all, but even the lightest throttle changes makes everyone around you think you just dropped 2 gears and ready to roast the tires.

implosive

Established Member
I have this x pipe and it popped off on me twice so far on the highway. once was on a hard 3rd to 4th gear shift. pretty embarassing actually. the driver side of the x pipe really doesn't like to stay on so it looks like I'm going to spot weld the driver side pipe. it never happened when I was n/a.. I guess thats what 500ftlb and stock motor mounts gets me

corysmach1

Established Member
I am eventually going to get off road h pipe with roush axleback and i will remove the resonators....i know its gonna be loud. Will one of you guys above post a video of your cars with off road mid pipes and roush axlebacks? To the OP- my buddy has a lethal off road h and loves it!

black5.0

Established Member
Do not get it with the Roush AB's, I started with this setup, was WAY to loud and I say this with my other vehicle being a dodge diesel with straight 5" exhaust. Now have GT500's sounds great. I do have a small exhaust leak I cannot track down or fix, everything is tight, but I still hear it on the passenger side.

My only complaint however, I didn't get it sooner...

corysmach1

Established Member
Do not get it with the Roush AB's, I started with this setup, was WAY to loud and I say this with my other vehicle being a dodge diesel with straight 5" exhaust. Now have GT500's sounds great. I do have a small exhaust leak I cannot track down or fix, everything is tight, but I still hear it on the passenger side.

My only complaint however, I didn't get it sooner...

I know its going to be extremely loud but its the only exhaust i can say i truely like!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I have this x pipe and it popped off on me twice so far on the highway. once was on a hard 3rd to 4th gear shift. pretty embarassing actually. the driver side of the x pipe really doesn't like to stay on so it looks like I'm going to spot weld the driver side pipe. it never happened when I was n/a.. I guess thats what 500ftlb and stock motor mounts gets me

What do you mean by it popped off? Are you referring to the rear of the pipe where it mates to the overaxle pipes with the stock sleeve clamp?

It definitely shouldn't be doing that no matter how much power or how hard you drive the car. You might want to check and see if the stock sleeve clamp is too far back keeping it from clamping the back of the X section with enough surface area.

[youtube_browser]RJFe0Gdk4Gg[/youtube_browser]

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks, Jared

55R

Noobie Boobie
Established Member
problem with video of the set up is too hard. my gopro would resonate inside the case. my cell phone, well you know how cell phone videos are. I have a regular video camera i could maybe try but the sound is so loud it overpowers the mic on most everything.

corysmach1

Established Member
problem with video of the set up is too hard. my gopro would resonate inside the case. my cell phone, well you know how cell phone videos are. I have a regular video camera i could maybe try but the sound is so loud it overpowers the mic on most everything.

The best way to do a exhaust video is set the camera 15-20 feet away from the car.....do some revs and maybe some normal drive bys and then some wide open throttle fly bys.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
I wish somebody would post some good videos of that setup.

Well i ordered it so I'll throw one up for you when it comes in. If its too loud for me I'll just pick up a different axle-back. I'm the kind of person that likes to hear it for themselves before deciding its too loud:rockon:

corysmach1

Established Member
Well i ordered it so I'll throw one up for you when it comes in. If its too loud for me I'll just pick up a different axle-back. I'm the kind of person that likes to hear it for themselves before deciding its too loud:rockon:

Ok so you will have an off road h pipe with roush axleback? Are you gonna delete your resonators? And thanks!

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I just installed my Lethal o/r h-pipe this past weekend. Very easy. two piece design made it nice. Mine has resonators and Bassani axle back. Sounds good but I'm thinking of going with flows or gt500. I'm just not a huge fan of glass pack style mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread