any jeepers or offroaders here?

4camV8

Established Member
i have missed this place... my jeep project has been taking up all my time (and $$$). But it's a blast... i've discovered a whole new world of automotive fun...

Any of you off road at all? i have a jeep page on my cobra site:

http://svt.stangnet.com/jeep.htm

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I'm a jeeper. The JWR in my name stands for Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

Here's my baby:

rubicon.jpg

Last edited:

4camV8

Established Member
nice! those new rubi's are sweet... and it's even all in one piece too, unlike my CJ! haha:D

SVTHorsnake

Banned
here's mine

afs8.jpg

-4.5 inch Rubicon Express Lift with 2 inch spacers
-Dana 44's with 35 housings back and front
-Atlas II Transfer case
-Advanced Adapters mating kit
-Warn X8000i winch (removable)
-Cobra CB
-Rack, Lights, Mean-ass Bumber
-Pioneer head unit, Sony Subs, Kenwood KC - 718 Amp

... just to name a little...

Jeeps kick ass:rockon: I have mine at Moab every year and it made it through Rubicon with no skid plates and open diffs all around, not pulled/winched once in its lifetime and I've taken 3+4 trails head on... The only winching I've done is for others:rockon:

(can you tell I'm proud of her?):beer:

Last edited:

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
96 1 ton Ford. 460, stick, 4" lift (makes it look a 1/2 ton with 10 inches), steel belted 16.5-14.5X36 swampers, Warn military 12,000 pound winch on receiver mount & wired front & back, Huge tractor battery in the bed to power the winch.

Hell yes I'm into trucks. The cool thing about it is the fact that if I want to beat on it, triple digit speeds aren't involved and jail time isn't usually a possibility! Just a little muddy and God made dirt and dirt don't hurt.

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
here's mine

afs8.jpg

-4.5 inch Rubicon Express Lift with 2 inch spacers
-Dana 44's with 35 housings back and front
-Atlas II Transfer case
-Advanced Adapters mating kit
-Warn X8000i winch (removable)
-Cobra CB
-Rack, Lights, Mean-ass Bumber
-Pioneer head unit, Sony Subs, Kenwood KC - 718 Amp

... just to name a little...

Jeeps kick ass:rockon: I have mine at Moab every year and it made it through Rubicon with no skid plates and open diffs all around, not pulled/winched once in its lifetime and I've taken 3+4 trails head on... The only winching I've done is for others:rockon:

(can you tell I'm proud of her?):beer:

pic didn't work... and from your description, it's one i want to see... also what is it? CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ? :beer:

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by 4camV8
pic didn't work... and from your description, it's one i want to see... also what is it? CJ, YJ, TJ, XJ? :beer:

none of those... hehe, it's a ZJ (1993 Grand Cherokee) first gen of the V-8's so it got the 5.2 L. The coolest part is, I did all that starting with 96,000+ miles on the clock (I inhereted my mom's soccer mom car and turned it into what it is now. I never would've expected it at 8 years old, we got it in 1992 as a 1993 model year and never thought anything of it, 1999 rolls around and I'm modding the shit out of it!:rockon:

Here's a link to my friend's site, it's on that page of pics, it's the black one, it's not a great picture but you get the idea.

http://www.geocities.com/xjdriver90/afs.html

it RTI'ed at 1,018 on a 30 degree ramp!

:beer:

EDIT: Add Rancho Remote Air Adjust to the mods list up top

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
I love offroading! I have an '88 Suzuki Samurai with a few mods, and let me tell you, I haven't gotten stuck yet, between all my friends with jeeps and blazers, the samurai kicks all their asses!! Of course they are small/light as hell, and underpowered, but that can be fixed with a simple engine swap!:thumbsup: i'll try to find some pics somewhere.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
77 hiboy, rearched front springs with 3 added leaves, homemade rear lift blocks, 38's, dana 60 rear, 44 front:bash: with 4:56 gears. 400, 4 speed, flat-tops, mild cam, ect. ect. np205 transfer case. Nicknamed the war wagon. I am trying to gather everything needed for the ps swap to get rid of the old hydraulic assist steering(no real power steering an 38's suck) Also needing to get a dana 60 front so I can have fun, or smaller tires.

Pyro

Established Member
I used to own a 97 TJ w/ 33's and all kinds of goodies. When I moved so So. Cali., I swapped it for the Cobra. Now that I'm in the Reno/Tahoe area, I wish I had that Jeep. This time, I'm not going to swap...I'm getting a truck.

RSX,
Nice Ruby!!!

bloodhound248

Classic Muscle Car Guru
Established Member
I used to take my truck off roading all the time, man was that fun. My dad's friend from work has this totally decked out first generation bronco, god I want one of those.

GodStang

Established Member
88 Jeep Wrangler here
Spray bed liner inside
3.5" Superlift
1.5" Shakle lift
2" Body lift
35" Procomp X-terrains
8000lb Warn winch
Detriot True-trac in the front with 4.10s
Ford 8.8" rear with Eaton E-locker and 4.10s
Extended fender flares and steps.
And other stuff

MatchStick

Master of the drunken pee
Established Member
1990 Wrangler.
4" suspension
3" body (gay)
lockers front and rear
35" MT's :rockon:

dsc00632.jpg

dumbass_016.jpg

Goin with full width 60's this winter and SOA.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by MatchStick
3" body (gay)

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!:lol1: :lol:

you can see the spacers sitting on eachother in the first pic. Glad somebody understands that there are very few times when body lifts are justified:beer: (for tire clearence that is):thumbsup:

nice looking truck!

which pic is more current? you have a different set up in front in each picture...

MatchStick

Established Member
The top one is current. The body lift was on it when I bought the Jeep and I'm too lazy to remove it. :D

But it will be tossed later on this year.

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by MatchStick
The top one is current. The body lift was on it when I bought the Jeep and I'm too lazy to remove it. :D

But it will be tossed later on this year.

I would actually keep it, you'll need it for those beefy meats sitting under there. It's legit.

So you took OFF the winch and the nice bumper and lights? why?

MatchStick

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTHorsnake
I would actually keep it, you'll need it for those beefy meats sitting under there. It's legit.

So you took OFF the winch and the nice bumper and lights? why?

I'm gonna do an SOA conversion, so that much body lift won't be needed. I'm thinking 1" will be fine. (wait a minute that didn't sound good :-D )

I got tired of getting bad approach angles with the ARB bumper so i sold it to a buddy I wheel with. I do plan on getting another winch though.

GringoLoco

Deadly Poster
Established Member
92 Wrangler 2"suspension 1.5" Body Everything that the SS package has except for the dash...tooo bright. Black. Have owned three jeeps in the past couple years. Oregon is God's 4 wheel drive spot.

Users who are viewing this thread