Any interest in O.E.M. 13/14 GT500 Red Stripe?

Kapy

Established Member
Attention Red Stripe 13/14 GT500 owners:

I personally want to put a SS Hood on my 13. Obviously the pre cut stripes from the dealer will not fit or work which leads to restriping the whole car to match or paint the stripes on the hood. I want to keep it 100% original with striping. So........with that in mind.

I have been extensively searching, calling, making contacts in order to find the original material to match the original stripes. I am fortunate for the many I know in this business that are willing to help me do this and I have the ability to get the actual Medium Red tape for this car. Problem is I have to make a pretty significant purchase to get it and in bulk.

I will probably do it anyway but just curious if there is interest out there to have the OEM color and material to be able to stripe SS, Mamba, Venom etc., hoods as well replace damaged or needed striping on your existing car if need be.

If interested PM me.

Thanks

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
You could just buy two sets of hood stripes only then have a graphics shop put the top piece on the use the other to do the part below the scoop. It would save a lot of time and money. Also you would have the ford material.

Kapy

Established Member
You could just buy two sets of hood stripes only then have a graphics shop put the top piece on the use the other to do the part below the scoop. It would save a lot of time and money. Also you would have the ford material.

It will not cover the entire hood to the edge of the scoop.

You will have a break before you reach the edge.

Not the finished look I want at that point.

Measure the hood and you will see.

The stripe is cut shorter because of the heat vent in the middle of the hood.

I can get the Ford material in bulk size. Not only can I lay the stripes down the right way, but I can also make my own Super Snake Stripe if I wanted to as well.

Try buying those. You can't unless you have a Super Snake and a VIN to prove it. They will not just sell the stripe kit to anybody.

Pre cut pieces will not work.

Last edited:

Randy5.0

Established Member
I wish you could get the Ford 11-12 skinny stripe material in red. I need it bad!

Tmatt142

Established Member
Why would you even want the factory vinyl? It's not that good of material next to aftermarket such as Oracle...

Kapy

Established Member
Why would you even want the factory vinyl? It's not that good of material next to aftermarket such as Oracle...

To match the existing stripe on the car. Unless Oracle can match it? Nobody else can. So do you know if Oracle handles the exact color match? I don't want to re stripe the whole car just to match the hood stripes. At that point might as well paint.

Users who are viewing this thread