any interest in ET - modification database?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Hey gang, I just got done putting together an ET and modification database for my fellow terminator owners. Its not totally bug free or pretty but functional.

Anyway, I was wondering if the lightning crowd would have any interest in a similar setup? In truth I would just add a new category to the existing site ( http://dynofacts.com ) for the 2nd gen L's?

My experience with mods is mainly for the terminators so to do something for the L crowd I would need some input on the common mods etc.

Anyway, let me know if anyone would find this usefull.

MMShaggy

10 Second Club
Established Member
That is bad ass.
That would be sweet if we could get that for the Lightnings.
Nice job!!!!!!

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Ok, gang Im willing to give it a go but as I mentioned I will need everyones help gathering options for the different fields.

Here are a couple questions to get things rolling.....

1) what are the most common displacements(in CID) for L engines? Obviously we have the stock 5.4L which is 330CID but what about rebuilds, strokers and bigbores?

2) Aside from the stock eaton, what ports are available?

We have the KB 2.3 and 2.6, does KB offer an H version of the compressor yet for the L?

Whipple just shows their W140 blower do they have any others?

I assume the current options I have for turbos for the cobras will apply to the L's as well since I cover single and twins from 50mm to 88mm.

What about centri blowers, any kits out there that are for the L I should include?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
Ok, gang Im willing to give it a go but as I mentioned I will need everyones help gathering options for the different fields.

Here are a couple questions to get things rolling.....

1) what are the most common displacements(in CID) for L engines? Obviously we have the stock 5.4L which is 330CID but what about rebuilds, strokers and bigbores?

2) Aside from the stock eaton, what ports are available?

We have the KB 2.3 and 2.6, does KB offer an H version of the compressor yet for the L?

Whipple just shows their W140 blower do they have any others?

I assume the current options I have for turbos for the cobras will apply to the L's as well since I cover single and twins from 50mm to 88mm.

What about centri blowers, any kits out there that are for the L I should include?

i think 1 guy is running a procharger...

works 112
works 140
magnum power blowers
kenne bells
whipples
JDM has a 3.3 whipple on i believe a 4v...
all the different ports

5.4's
358cids
6.0 strokers

2v singles
2v twins

4v singles
4v twins

cast iron block
aluminum block

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
i think 1 guy is running a procharger...

works 112
works 140
magnum power blowers
kenne bells
whipples
JDM has a 3.3 whipple on i believe a 4v...
all the different ports

5.4's
358cids
6.0 strokers

2v singles
2v twins

4v singles
4v twins

cast iron block
aluminum block

Thanks for the input Derek. Do you know if KB has a high pressure version of the blowers for the L yet or does the 2.3 and 2.6 cover it for now?

For the turbos Ill just reuse the values I have for the terminators.

Ill have a column for heads so you can select 2v or 4v, stock and modified.

What are the most common upper and lower pulley sizes?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
Thanks for the input Derek. Do you know if KB has a high pressure version of the blowers for the L yet or does the 2.3 and 2.6 cover it for now?

For the turbos Ill just reuse the values I have for the terminators.

Ill have a column for heads so you can select 2v or 4v, stock and modified.

What are the most common upper and lower pulley sizes?

pretty sure we just have the normal 2.3 and 2.6. but i think johnny charlie and a few others had some prototypes and the old ones were 2.0's

i think im just about the only guy running upper only...

but the size lowers are
10.5 (pretty sure ive seen a 10.5)

uppers get odd after you switch to the whipple and a KB but for an eaton
you have the normal 2.93's and lower think ive seen some people running 2.95RR uppers inplace of the stockers

plus you also have a few back halfed truck along with some guys going 4linked

Dusten

Established Member
I think LFP Sells a 335 lightning motor, not much of a change in displacement, but a change none the less

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
but the size lowers are
10.5 (pretty sure ive seen a 10.5)

Anyone know the actual size in inches of the lowers? Does this look correct?

stock 7.5"
2lb = 8.0"
4lb = 8.55"
5lb = ?
6lb = 9.05"
8lb = 9.6"
10lb = ?
10.5lb = ?

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
While we are at it, here is a couple more questions...

What throttle bodies are available or commonly used?

What plenums?

Cold air intakes?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
While we are at it, here is a couple more questions...

What throttle bodies are available or commonly used?

What plenums?

Cold air intakes?

T-body
accufab is the most common
BA bolts
BBK
Billetflow
ported stock

Plentums
Stock
Stock ported
Stock extruded
C&L
JLP sheet metal

intakes
more then you could shake a stick at. id make 3 options
stock
under hood
and ram air

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Derek@Amazon said:
intakes
more then you could shake a stick at. id make 3 options
stock
under hood
and ram air
Are guys running a variety of filer sizes? Would it be beneficial to have something like....

stock
under hood 8"
under hood 10"
under hood 12"
ram air 8"
ram air 10"
ram air 12"

What about fuel rails?

Fuel pumps?

Any special tranny info to track? Ive already got Torque Converter Stall.

Heat exchangers and radiator info worthwhile?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Pretty much all the filters are 9 or 12 inches.

fuel rails im not sure about. i know aeromotive has an A1000 fuel system not for the lightnings so that may be cool to add. id personaly just give fuel system a custom option and a section to say what it is. pumps most guys just run twin 255's or soemthing along those lines

HE would be an idea
fluidyne
afco
stock and each with the fan option

Torque converter option would be nice with a field to add the stall speed and brand.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Thanks again Derek, should give me a good base to start from.

One of the biggest obstacles I encountered when setting this up is when to give the user a text field to fill in and when to present them with a list of options to chose.

All my questions may seem silly and people may be asking "why the heck dont you just let us fill in the blank?".

The reason is that if you ask 100 people to fill in a blank to a question you will get various responses, which of course is what we want to track BUT the problem is that people will often call things by different names, abbreviate, add or remove spaces etc etc etc.

For example if I ask a 10 cobra owners who have a gords heat exchanger to write down what they have I will invariably get a couple different replies.....

gordsford
gord ford
gords
etc
etc

To make the database valuable to the community it has to be easy to search and the only way to accurately search is to have consistent field data with which to search against.

Having drop down selection lists where ever possible means that data acquisition will be consistent and therefor make the site easier to use and more accurate in terms of searching and hopefully increase its value to everyone.

These forums are a great resource and the search is certainly valuable BUT as we are all aware when you do a search you can end up with dozens of not hundreds of unrelated replies.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Shadowgray03 said:
Thanks again Derek, should give me a good base to start from.

One of the biggest obstacles I encountered when setting this up is when to give the user a text field to fill in and when to present them with a list of options to chose.

All my questions may seem silly and people may be asking "why the heck dont you just let us fill in the blank?".

The reason is that if you ask 100 people to fill in a blank to a question you will get various responses, which of course is what we want to track BUT the problem is that people will often call things by different names, abbreviate, add or remove spaces etc etc etc.

For example if I ask a 10 cobra owners who have a gords heat exchanger to write down what they have I will invariably get a couple different replies.....

gordsford
gord ford
gords
etc
etc

To make the database valuable to the community it has to be easy to search and the only way to accurately search is to have consistent field data with which to search against.

Having drop down selection lists where ever possible means that data acquisition will be consistent and therefor make the site easier to use and more accurate in terms of searching and hopefully increase its value to everyone.

These forums are a great resource and the search is certainly valuable BUT as we are all aware when you do a search you can end up with dozens of not hundreds of unrelated replies.

no problem.. hit me up on a PM if ya need anything else

Users who are viewing this thread