Any interest in a Battery Relocation "kit"?

tvanlant

Established Member
I was hoping to buy a complete battery relocation kit, however the only thing available are "universal" kits, which don't come anywhere close to providing everything needed for the install.

I ended up having to buy components from 4 different places, and had to make several trips to the hardware store.

To save others from this headache, I was thinking about packaging everything needed in a complete "kit", along with a detailed installation manual with pictures.

So before going that route, I'm looking to see if there's any interest.
It would end up costing about $375 and include the aluminum battery box, 1 guage cables, fuse holder, 250 amp fuse, junction block, ring terminals, installation manual, and every piece of hardware needed to fully install.

20140216_163537.jpg

I decided to relocate my coolant reservoir where the battery was. Moving the reservoir freed up much-needed space (especially with supercharged cars).
This could be a separate kit if desired.

20140216_163745.jpg

08mojo

Established Member
Great idea, but I'd add a kill switch to the kit. How about a picture of the whole engine compartment. I'm having a tough time visualizing the space freed up by moving the reservoir.

BV600

Established Member
Really Like the Coolant Resovoir Kit, it would be perfect for my Procharger setup since im keeping the stock fan.

Sucks I just bought and Odyssey Battery, Mount and catch can for that Area. Love the idea though.

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
I really like this. Is there a way to put the box/battery where the non existent spare is using your same components?

tvanlant

Established Member
I really like this. Is there a way to put the box/battery where the non existent spare is using your same components?

The box can be put in the spare tire well, but it will be more difficult because the floor isn't flat there.
I personally put the box outside of the spare tire well because I still utilize the spare tire (and when I go to the track, I use that space for track equipment.
The carpet is cut along the battery box is, so the trunk mat is still fully functional without removing the battery box.

Fabbed5.0

Established Member
here mine mounted in the spare. (cover not on the battery) changed to a different fuse block too now has 250amp fuse been running this for over a year

DD4F2972-8EB5-4182-B81C-0EF55CAAB045-3032-0000024EF3B6B57B.jpg

90B3A65F-7ACD-4F5C-B1F7-77D6542152B7-3032-0000024EFF4CCACA.jpg

Krace

Established Member
I was hoping to buy a complete battery relocation kit, however the only thing available are "universal" kits, which don't come anywhere close to providing everything needed for the install.

I ended up having to buy components from 4 different places, and had to make several trips to the hardware store.

To save others from this headache, I was thinking about packaging everything needed in a complete "kit", along with a detailed installation manual with pictures.

So before going that route, I'm looking to see if there's any interest.
It would end up costing about $375 and include the aluminum battery box, 1 guage cables, fuse holder, 250 amp fuse, junction block, ring terminals, installation manual, and every piece of hardware needed to fully install.

20140216_163537.jpg

I decided to relocate my coolant reservoir where the battery was. Moving the reservoir freed up much-needed space (especially with supercharged cars).
This could be a separate kit if desired.

20140216_163745.jpg

I want this for my PAxton set up so i can reuse my coolant tank!

Gpcalero

Cuz Racecar
Established Member
What's the difference in the kit you plan on selling and the kit that Taylor makes (made your box)?

tvanlant

Established Member
I doubt I will be piecing together a kit since this thread has brought up several good options for our cars.

The Taylor kit is lacking a fuse holder, fuse, distribution block, some hardware, and model-specific installation instruction (obviously, because it is a universal kit).

Users who are viewing this thread