Any InfantryMen Here

SpeedKillz

Established Member
Like I said before i recived a 20k bonus for signing a 4 year contract for the Army in InfantryMen....I already have my BCT and I am leaving for Georgia this next Thursday for 13 weeks of training. Now most of my family is against it...but oh well......just wanted to know if someone in this board is in that branch of the army...what are your views on it....any suggestions?

blackfang

Established Member
On what? The fact the Army is pathetic in attracting people they stroke checks like its cool. I never have agreed with how they attract people and making their Boot Camps easier and softer. yeah they still have the same standard, but the DS's are nicer and more of a squad leader than a DS.

stocksvtcontour

Established Member
eleven bravo, good luck. Did you atleast get a ripped contract and become a ranger too. You should think about it, you are gonna spend alot of time in the field just training to kill, and that may be cool now, but what job will it get you? But if you do go foward with it, you will not get alot of sleep. you will spend weeks in the wood without a shower, you will go on 20 mile rutsack marches. you will have to shave every day even if you are just shaving dirt. The good things about it is you will get into immense shape because so much PT. well good luck and p.s. you are not obilgated to your contract until you get onto the plane for basic training even though you recruiter may threaten you.

808GT

Established Member
blackfang said:
On what? The fact the Army is pathetic in attracting people they stroke checks like its cool. I never have agreed with how they attract people and making their Boot Camps easier and softer. yeah they still have the same standard, but the DS's are nicer and more of a squad leader than a DS.

you know why the DS are nicer these days because of them liberals making our living politically correct these days...lol

11bang bang is awesome if and only if you love the whole aspect of it--one mre a day, 80lbs ruck on foot so so many mile but now army has the stryker brigade so u dont walk often...etc etc.

you should go for airborne then to a ranger bat...because i know for sure, you want your ranger tab afterwards...but if you punk out, you want to reclass or get out...hehe

SpeedKillz

Established Member
After those 3-4 years i will come out with college hours and military exp....that will open alot of doors.....i.e (State Trooper) i believe for ST u need 90 college hrs....and when u serve for 3 years in that branch of the army....u get 60 college hrs plus military experience.....wich would more likely get you the job....

blackfang

Established Member
Actually its because the Army is at war and they dont have enough Soldiers. So they re-evaluated how to keep more soldiers and get more to increase their size. Making it harder to get kicked out on medical discharges while in Basic, making basic easier(they are now allowed to drink and smoke) to get new Soldiers and cutting large checks to get you to sign.

I believe its not about what the Army can do for you, but what can you do for the Army.

roadracer247

Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
After those 3-4 years i will come out with college hours and military exp....that will open alot of doors.....i.e (State Trooper) i believe for ST u need 90 college hrs....and when u serve for 3 years in that branch of the army....u get 60 college hrs plus military experience.....wich would more likely get you the job....

So you joined the Army to become a State Trooper? If that's true I think you joined for the wrong reasons...just my opinion.

SpeedKillz

Established Member
roadracer247 said:
So you joined the Army to become a State Trooper? If that's true I think you joined for the wrong reasons...just my opinion.

Not really but its nice to know that when i come out (if i do) i have that option....I personally joined....for my family....all the medical advantages and such...plus i am a weapon guy....

808GT

Established Member
blackfang said:
Actually its because the Army is at war and they dont have enough Soldiers. So they re-evaluated how to keep more soldiers and get more to increase their size. Making it harder to get kicked out on medical discharges while in Basic, making basic easier(they are now allowed to drink and smoke) to get new Soldiers and cutting large checks to get you to sign.

I believe its not about what the Army can do for you, but what can you do for the Army.

yup i agree...

and i like the last sentence...

like JFK said (i think) ..ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country...

808GT

Established Member
roadracer247 said:

most people join the Army for benefits--health, money for college, etc...but at the end, most will stay in...nothing wrong with that...some get out because its not for them..vice versa

blackfang

Established Member
I left active duty for my hobby after 10 years....cars so i have been in the automotive field since beginning of 2003 and a reservist in the Army for 2.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:

That will make no difference in becoming a State Trooper, dont delude yourself.

TacticalKaos

Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
Like I said before i recived a 20k bonus for signing a 4 year contract for the Army in InfantryMen....I already have my BCT and I am leaving for Georgia this next Thursday for 13 weeks of training. Now most of my family is against it...but oh well......just wanted to know if someone in this board is in that branch of the army...what are your views on it....any suggestions?

I'm in infantry right now. What do you want to know?

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Just wait untill your handed the keys to the HUMV. 10 points Veterans Pref. is nothing to scoff at for some of you people that think Military doesn't help.

Users who are viewing this thread