Any Illinois LEOs still active?

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There is a situation in illinois that is affecting my Texas Drivers license. Will post more details if there is an Illinois LEO - Thanks

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
the state of illinois has put a hold on my texas drivers license, the CPD(?) office will not tell me anything about WHY it was put there. I am 99.9% certain it is not me but they won't give me enough information to tell. they want me to send them three forms of ID including my SS#. I already have about 5 people on my public record as having used my SSN and really don't want another one due to their carelessness. So my question is .. If I give you a "case number" is there anything you can do legally to give me any information on it? or is there a way for me to get it myself since they wont. Appreciate the time and any help you can give ...

What's happening bud? Swing away

musclefan21

Established Member
Okay,

First of all, why would Illinois put a hold on your Texas license? Did you have a case here and didn't take care of it? Maybe unpaid tolls and they are placing a hold? It seems like a great deal of info missing because it doesn't make sense for your license to be placed on hold for no reason and on top of that, the DMV not willing to give you any info on why.

Do you know why exactly it is placed on hold and where? If so, calling that jurisdictions county should get you the info you need. They have to tell you what's going on so you can correct it. I know they are trying to get you to prove yourself as you are who you are, which makes sense, and they don't want to release your info to anyone but you and I think that's a good sign. You are afraid that they will screw up and someone else is going to use your Ssn?

If it is CPD, I don't have any access to their database. Although I can look up a lot of personal info, releasing personal info to another person is no no. However, if you are simply trying to figure out how to get your license back, I can look into it and see if I can help you while not crossing the line of official misconduct. Or I can tell you who to cAll to get the ball rolling. Doesn't sound like a big deal from what I read. Just doesn't much sense, that's all. Shoot me a PM with the case #

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
let me put this in bullet form to be sure I got everything covered:

1. I am 99% sure it is not me.
2. It is CPD I am having to deal with, lots of stupid in that office. The first time I called they said the guy had a Wheaton address. I have never lived in any town called Wheaton. which is why I am about 99% sure it isn't me
3. I have a sneaking suspicion that they found my name in the national traffic database and said "oh he looks good for it"
4. when I went to renew my license they said illinois had put a hold on it for something. They could not tell for what, nor can they tell when since illinois had not put a date of any kind on it.
5. because of 4 they said screw them and went ahead and renewed my license.
6. The problem is I will have to go through this as long as illinois doesn't remove it out of the database and they told me they would not issue a correction even after I proved it's not me, unless I get a "letter of computer twin" from them.
7. I am also concerned that at some point this may start showing up on my credit report. I already have to sign a half a dozen "not the same" memos due to having such a common name. I would like to avoid it going up to a dozen if I can LOL
8. the biggest problem I have is that they want me to give me a lot of PII and have already proven they don't know how to handle it. so I am not confident it wont wind up lost or stolen
9. While I very much appreciate any help you can give me. I certainly do NOT expect you to even bend the rules to help me. I fully understand the constrants you guys have on you and the job sensitivities that go with it. thus my "if you can do something legally" any help is appreciated, if there is nothing you can do without stretching the rules I fully understand and still appreciate the effort to check.

Black2010

Established Member
***Not a LEO***

Do you have identify theft protection? If so, you could potentially utilize them to help you sort this out without an out of pocket expense especially since it sounds like a case of mistaken identity. If you don't have this protection I'd suggest it especially since you've been a victim before (myself included). I recently had my info stolen and they took care of everything for me.

musclefan21

Established Member
I see what you are saying. Yeah there is nothing wrong for me to check your status as long as that's what you wish. You can PM me your info and I can take a look to see what's going on. I can then determine what I can disclose and what i can't. Shouldn't be any problems bud.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I see what you are saying. Yeah there is nothing wrong for me to check your status as long as that's what you wish. You can PM me your info and I can take a look to see what's going on. I can then determine what I can disclose and what i can't. Shouldn't be any problems bud.
Thanks man will get you a PM later today

Users who are viewing this thread