Any Ideas?

bouncer18

Established Member
With slicks on the car... when going down the 1320 the carwobbles HARD...

I know slicks walk a little bit but i mean this thing is throwing my wheel all over the place... its bad enough that when i make my full pass (which is seldom) i cant even hit the brakes cause if i do ill loose the car... and while its swaying there is no chance of holding the wheel & trying to make a correction

the car sways from Side to Side.. i cant tell if its in the rear or the front..

i can tell you.. alighment is set for Drag racing and i checked it 6 hours before going to the track... its STOCK with an 01 GT rear end that is also STOCK...

i have 20 pass's on the slicks (@12 & 15 psi does it at both) and besides w
hen they were first put on last month i have not rechecked the runout or balance..

anyone got any other ideas? this is just annoying.. and i hate trying to run on street tires lol.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
All those cheap rubber bushngs and you're asking why? j/k

What's your air pressure in the slicks?

bouncer18

Established Member
the buishings are cheap yes.. but.. It doesnt do it on street tires... maybe because the sidewalls are rigid?? Thought about this but if i think about all it could be then ill br broke..

Bushings.. shocks.. springs.. bump steer..bad slicks.. bent axle.. etc...

12 psi it does it
and then we aired to 15 and the same thing

street tires are 275-40 and had 30

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe your hub. Jack the car up and see if you can "wobble" the rear wheels around. P.S. other people have said this too. If it is your hub, your about to loose youe wheel.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread