Any idea what these are?

yellosn

Established Member
I have these 2 "sensors" mounted in my grill area and they're wired to a buzzer in the console. I'm pretty sure they're not a factory item. The buzzer looks like a little 1/2" black push button with a hole in the middle. I took some numbers off it and tracked it down on an electronics wholesaler site, but it is just a generic part. Thanks for any help.

Troy

sensors.jpg

yellosn

Established Member
I does have a bel 975R remote radar detector, but the antenna for that is mounted in the lower grill opening. These are not part of the original detector kit. I will do some more looking to see if any wires go back to the head unit in the console. Didn't mean to clutter the board with weird BS stuff, just thought someone might look and go "oh yeah, those are .....".

Thanks again.

Taz

Established Member
Lidar "shifters" ... Kinda look like mine, but a little different.

Slide4.JPG

Look around your rear license plate and see if you've got a 3rd one back there somewhere.

yellosn

Established Member
They appear to be a stand alone type thing. Haven't found any control box yet, should there be one? I did a search for laser jammers and it sure looks like you guys are right. There are some numbers and a serial number on the backs of the sensors, but I can't get them to snag anything useful in my searches. Didn't see any hardware around the rear license plate. I'll dig a little deeper this weekend if there's time. 10 years ago, I could spend 48 hours straight in and under my car. Wife bringing me food often enough to keep me alive. Now with a 6 year old, Cub Scouts, honey-do's, school functions, etc., it's tough to carve out an hour. I can't get comfortable until I know every little thing about my car, then I can't get comfortable because I want to change it all. Vicious cycle.

Thanks again for all the help!

Users who are viewing this thread