Any help with Innovate DB Gauge and LC2 install?

DHGbullitt1

Established Member
Alright guys, I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to electrical work but I'm attempting to install this wideband on my own and have a few questions regarding install. I may be overthinking the whole process but I want to make sure it is right.

First, the LC2 controller, instructions state to connect the red wire to a 12v source. I was thinking about just using a "add a circuit" and installing that in place of one of the fuses under the dash.

Next, the black should be grounded to a solid ground source. Again, I was just going to use the fuse box location under the dash as my ground.

The yellow and brown wire are optional to use.

Now on to the DB Gauge and this is where I get confused.

The red wire for the DB gauge also needs to be connected to a 12v source. Now my question, can I just connect this wire to the LC2's red wire? Or do I need to find another 12v source or could I just add another "add a circuit" and use another fuse location on the fuse box?

The instructions for the black wire is to connect it to the same ground source shared by the LC2. Does this mean ground the DB gauges black wire to the same ground that I used for the LC2?

The yellow wire goes to the headlight switch and allows the gauge to dim when the headlights are on. That's pretty straightforward.

The DB gauges white wire is the signal input from the wideband controller(LC2). Connect the DB gauges white wire to the LC2's yellow wire. Pretty simple there.

Again, I may be overthinking the entire process but if you have any advised or can share some input that'd be great. Also, if you kmow of a much easier and a more simple way of doing this then please chime in and let me know.

Here are the links to the manuals.
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/DB_manual.pdf

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/support/manual/LC-2_Manual.pdf

Thanks!

KEVINS

Established Member
I just finished installing the dual WB gauge last week.

Yes, you can connect both red wires from the LC2 and DB gauge to each other and should be a switched 12v.

Yes, Both Black wires should also be connected to each other then they need to be grounded.

ks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread