The girlfriend came home with this yesterday. A 2008 GT/CS with 47k miles. :dw:
It has the following mods on it.
JLT Cold Air
Longtubes (brand unknown)
offroad H
Flowmaster mufflers
GT500 Rims
Hurst shifter
Cams (Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Naturally Aspirated Mustang GT 2005-2010 *Brenspeed Favorite*)
SCT Programmer (unknown if mail order or a custom tune)

IMG_0998.gif

IMG_0999.gif

I will be getting it on a dyno soon and have it custom tuned. What do you think it will be at power wise? :shrug:

tobynt

Established Member
My guess is 335ish

335 flywheel on a good day. A very good day.

The last dyno sheet that I seen from a DynoJet with a Headers and JLT intake that had been tuned. 4.6 3 valve laid down 285 rwhp and 307 rwtq. That was also at 76 degrees and 56% humidity.

Colt .45

Established Member
335 flywheel on a good day. A very good day.

The last dyno sheet that I seen from a DynoJet with a Headers and JLT intake that had been tuned. 4.6 3 valve laid down 285 rwhp and 307 rwtq. That was also at 76 degrees and 56% humidity.

Did that car have cams as well?

tobynt

Established Member
Did that car have cams as well?

Not that I'm aware of...I also missed that in your post. I don't know about those cams...but other 4.6 3V with cams and a few bolt-ons have been seen to pull 300'sh at the tire.

As noted above this post. A lot of things will come into play when your chasing numbers on a dyno. I know it gets old hearing it..but, its true. The type dyno matters, the weather matters and altitude..(if your not looking at corrected numbers.) Even if your looking at corrected numbers...depending on the type dyno...these can be different.

some of them can show up to a 12-15% difference between dyno "A" and dyno "B" on the same day with the same weather.

Dyno's are great for getting a base line and tuning one in. Instead of looking at the number as an accomplishment. It should be used as a variable. Set a base line run (where you start). make a few changes in the tune...run again. See if it goes up or down. Keep changing things until it peaks out and starts to go down.

A big factor and one...(in my opinion)...that sets a good "tuner" apart from all the rest. Is one that will ask a lot of question about you and your car. For example. if its a daily driver, they should go in and remap the adaptive fuel curves for you. So that it will use a lot more of the base fuel table from a "lugging" rpm up to about 4000-4500 rpms. In a few weeks, the car would have absolute perfection with driveability. But, that takes a little more time and most people just want to pay 60-90 bucks for 2 or 3 glory runs.

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
my 06 with 86k on clock did 301whp, with pypes off road xpipe, pypes mufflers, jlt CAI and SCT handheld mail order tune....that car with cams should see 335-340 to the tires easily

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
i have put down anywhere between 330whp to 358whp on 4 different dynos....

my mods(as far as power wise):
basic ported heads-pre FRPP days
127200 cams with full VCT
UD pullies and custom tune
intake manifold & 62mm throttle body
long tubes offroad h bullit mufflers
3.73s and a roush driveshaft

SOHC46

Super Poster!
Established Member
My stock numbers were 270hp/290trq sae corrected on dyno jet. I put down 291hp/301trq with just an intake tune sae corrected. See my sig for numbers after just a prochamber. My guess with intake, tune, cams and headers 330ish easy.

Users who are viewing this thread