Any grizzly 700 owners here?

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Buying a new grizzly 700 with power steering and in camo here shortly. Romney cycle said 8900 otd and my jaw hit the table! Other Guys around me Want 9560 before taxes.

I've always wanted one and the new '16 are just to damn good lookin not to. My wife has a ozark 450 and its damn reliable but slow as can be..

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I had a 2007 model a while back. Great ATV and very dependable.

Yeah! Much better than a canned ham or Polaris..

Not as much hp but bulletproof

The new 16's have the bucket and shim design valves instead of the adjuster nut.

More reliable and less adjusting

omj

Established Member
I have a Honda Rancher that has treated me great. Slow but climbs like a billy goat. I stopped driving it very much when my wife started riding too. We have a RZR and it is awesome. Fast, tons of wheel travel and comfortable to boot. You might consider one of them. They climb better than an atv any day.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
What's the question?
Wondering who has one.
So...no longer considering dirt bike? lol
Nope I'm gonna use it as a snow plow now and pay it off during the winter profits lol.
who not a smaller rancher from Honda?
I'll be plowing snow and using it for hunting. The 700 just has more power. And 64-67 mph on a utility is amazing... As well the ground clearance is pretty good! Including locking diffs.
I have a Honda Rancher that has treated me great. Slow but climbs like a billy goat. I stopped driving it very much when my wife started riding too. We have a RZR and it is awesome. Fast, tons of wheel travel and comfortable to boot. You might consider one of them. They climb better than an atv any day.

I've heard they are unstoppable but grizzly is bigger and I think fits my needs. My woods are to thick for a rzr.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Not bad bikes, I have a 2015 Polaris scrambler 850 that I really love. Can be had for under $9900 OTD in my area. No power steering but it never bothered me. I like being able to actually feel what the wheels are doing instead of having the power steering cover that up for myself. I also have a 2012 kawasaki teryx 4 which is awesome for a family ride, very dependable and have a 2015 rzr 1000 which is my pride and joy, i love that damn thing lol

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Nope I'm gonna use it as a snow plow now and pay it off during the winter profits lol.

I'll be plowing snow and using it for hunting. The 700 just has more power. And 64-67 mph on a utility is amazing... As well the ground clearance is pretty good! Including locking diffs.

You will have a few good plow choices if you're going that route. Although personally I like the Polaris 800 for plowing, know a few professionals running them, but the Grizzly will work well I bet. I'm dragging my feet on buying one until I pick up accounts needing a lot of sidewalk plowing.

I thought of throwing a plow on the 400EX just for lolz, haha.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
You will have a few good plow choices if you're going that route. Although personally I like the Polaris 800 for plowing, know a few professionals running them, but the Grizzly will work well I bet. I'm dragging my feet on buying one until I pick up accounts needing a lot of sidewalk plowing.

I thought of throwing a plow on the 400EX just for lolz, haha.

I cant do polaris is can am.. they seem to break down a awfully lot. As well as the one brake lever works all thing not a fan. Yamaha has that wet clutch system thats insane! but the vtwin can am's make stupid power and sound amazing

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I cant do polaris is can am.. they seem to break down a awfully lot. As well as the one brake lever works all thing not a fan. Yamaha has that wet clutch system thats insane! but the vtwin can am's make stupid power and sound amazing

I haven't heard any Polaris issues from them yet, and it's employees using them, so you know they get beat. Either way, I looked up the Grizzly specs, and seems like it will push some of the white stuff with ease. Going with a winch plow or handle? I'd say winch unless you want a prison arm, lol.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I haven't heard any Polaris issues from them yet, and it's employees using them, so you know they get beat. Either way, I looked up the Grizzly specs, and seems like it will push some of the white stuff with ease. Going with a winch plow or handle? I'd say winch unless you want a prison arm, lol.

winch for sure lol, lazy way

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member

Have you ever owned a Polaris or can am? Or are you just forming the opinion based off what you hear? Just curious since I have owned multiple Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, and Kawasaki products and never had a problem with my Polaris, it's all in maintaining it. Not putting down on grizzly's as they aren't bad bikes by any means.

Blackness03

Established Member
Have you ever owned a Polaris or can am? Or are you just forming the opinion based off what you hear? .

I ride with people who have those. Went through one mud hole and they were wanting to over heat and then water got inside and the belts started slipping. Had to tow them both home with the slow hondas

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Have you ever owned a Polaris or can am? Or are you just forming the opinion based off what you hear? Just curious since I have owned multiple Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, Polaris, and Kawasaki products and never had a problem with my Polaris, it's all in maintaining it. Not putting down on grizzly's as they aren't bad bikes by any means.

I ride with people who have those. Went through one mud hole and they were wanting to over heat and then water got inside and the belts started slipping. Had to tow them both home with the slow hondas

My grandmother worked for a dealership for 14 maybe 15 years (retired from there) mom worked there for 10 as a admin tag and title. dad 5 years in sales. Two cousins in service.

In that era Honda was always on top of the game for reliability, always.

Yamaha hAd more issues than you could ever imagine with motors on the jet ski boats. Suzuki dirt bikes seemed to fall apart before the nipples came off the tires. Than the Polaris my cousins worked on always seemed to have no start issues, electrical gremlins.

In current time I have 2 friends with grizzly's a 450 '12 or 13?? And a grizzly 700 '15 both zero issues. A few people have rzr and love them.. But the people with the Polaris quads in hunt club can't stand them. Lack of ground clearance, delayed 4wd in snow it's clunky as hell.
Belts break a lot, plastic racks, the Uni brake design.

The canned ham riders has a outlander xmr?? Big radiator out front broke a few axles and has a cracked frame and he said they are fixing that.. But it was like pulling teeth. Plenty of power but in the woods it wasn't fun. I've witnessed his belt smoking on technical stuff.

But my god that exhaust sounds insanely amazing. And straight line is fun.

And my wife's Suzuki is fun but it's a gutless wonder. The Suzuki 450
Vs my buddies grizzly 450 is no
Comparison.

I want to ride a king quad 750! But creature comforts and looks the grizz takes it

Users who are viewing this thread