Any good resources for engine teardown and rebuild?

v8musclecobra

Established Member
Just bought a Lincoln mark 8 motor to rebuild for my cobra and am looking for good info on proper teardown. My main objective is to get down to a bare block that I can send out to be cleaned. Looking for a good resource that has pretty well drawn out steps. Any suggestions? Saw a few books online but had mixed reviews to them.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Chilton Library

Fords manual has most information
With important footnotes

I was surprised when I was in mine while waiting on head work @200k it looked almost new.

Some discoloration but not much oil buildup.

Heads and intake is where what I seen dirty

v8musclecobra

Established Member
Chilton Library

Fords manual has most information
With important footnotes

I was surprised when I was in mine while waiting on head work @200k it looked almost new.

Some discoloration but not much oil buildup.

Heads and intake is where what I seen dirty

Do you have a link to that manual? I clicked that link that was in your post but nothing came up. Hoping that because it's a mark 8 motor that was running a week ago with 98k miles that it is like new as well. Have a 97 cobra that I don't want to bastardize a matching numbers engine.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Do you have a link to that manual? I clicked that link that was in your post but nothing came up. Hoping that because it's a mark 8 motor that was running a week ago with 98k miles that it is like new as well. Have a 97 cobra that I don't want to bastardize a matching numbers engine.

Scroll down link to enter is on bottom.

Users who are viewing this thread