Any good products to take out a scuff???

brian3724

Established Member
I took my car out a few weeks ago, and parked nowhere near anyone, and when I came out of the store I see an old lady pulling right out who had decided to park right next to me and left a white paint scuff on my passenger door. I tried using a micro fiber cloth to buff it out, but it didn't do much. Do any of you know any good products that won't damage my paint that will take out little paint scuffs. I also have one on the driver side molding that I would like to try to take out. I appreciate the help!

buddha93

Established Member
What's up Brian? Where have you been guy? Heard you were selling the car. Too bad you can't keep it.

Anyway, use a good swirl remover/cutting compound. Mequiers has some good stuff, as well as 3M and just about any other company of this sort. Basically is has a grit in there that will slowing remove the offending scuff, as well as your paint/clear so take your time and be careful. It's not acid by any means, but just watch it. You'll need a finishing compound after that to polish it up. Check you local autoparts stores and see what they have.

http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-M10532-Ultra-Cut-Compound/dp/B001O7PNW8/ref=cm_cr_pr_pb_t

brian3724

Established Member
Thanks for the advice. I actually decided against selling. We're headed to Florida and I was worried about all the rain and the ocean being right by the base I'm headed to, but I just can't sell. I love the car too much. I figured if it sees a little rain it'll survive

buddha93

Established Member
Both my cars came spent some time in Florida. The red car was driven quite a bit there, and the the main thing I noticed is the sand it picks up on the roads. The black car was nothing more than car show car, and wasn't there very long. If a garage/storage isn't an option, consider a quality outdoor car cover. Never know, once you get down there, you may run into some good car/Mustangs guys with a little extra garage space they'd be willing to share.

brian3724

Established Member
It turns out they have a few units with a garage, so we I should be good. The car's been a show car for three years now, so I'm ready to make her my daily driver, with only 9,400 miles it should be good for the long haul

Users who are viewing this thread