Any Good 5.4 2v Engine Builders In La?

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
I've Got And 03 L Truck And Need A Built Motor. Had One On Order With Msx But It Has Come To Light That They Do Not Deliver What Is Promised. Anyone Know Of A Good Modular Engine Builder In The South That Is Reasonable. Im A Full Time College Student And Only Have About 7k To Spend. Thanks

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
Yeah, David Hood over in Holden has done some good work for me. If you pm me I can give you info on his location. It will make you sick if you pull up in his yard. He has probably 50 or so salvaged cobras in his yard and a few L's. The main thing here is experience with that type motor.

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
I own a Hood built Motor and I have had great results since the build ( about two years ago)....Getting a hold of him is a bitch but it is worth it. There is another guy in the Killian area that builds too but I cannot think of his name right now....DAMN!!!!

Later

La lightning

03 SB L
Established Member
Bird, Didnt Even Get To Drive The L With Your Blower On It. Thanks For The Info Guys, Ive Talked To Dante And Just Going To Go That Route. Thanks Again For The Info.

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
La lightning said:
Bird, Didnt Even Get To Drive The L With Your Blower On It. Thanks For The Info Guys, Ive Talked To Dante And Just Going To Go That Route. Thanks Again For The Info.

I know - I heard about it. Darn shame that they did that to it, but..........

Are they covering part of the new motor?

Bird

f8tlbite

fordplay equals fordgasms
Established Member
BlownBayou said:
I own a Hood built Motor and I have had great results since the build ( about two years ago)....Getting a hold of him is a bitch but it is worth it. There is another guy in the Killian area that builds too but I cannot think of his name right now....DAMN!!!!

Later

Are you talking about Darren???????????

Users who are viewing this thread