Any front lip options for the '11-12' Boss/CS Front Valance?

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
All I have seen are splitters but what bothers me is that even with a front splitter - the front end isn't lowered enough to match the side splitters.

See here, where I have added garage door weather stripping underneath the splitter and it STILL isn't matching the side splitter height :fm: :cuss::
202702_10151178871440225_191285174_o.jpg

Is there a company that makes an actual lip (NOT a splitter) that attaches under the Boss/CS valance that sit's ~1/2"-3/4" lower than the splitters that most companies make for our cars??

Tispho

Established Member
The only lip that matches the side splitters perfectly is probably the RTR valance and lip. The RTR stuff is pretty ugly and $$$ in my opinion. As far as I know there are no companies that make additions to the CS valance except for Ford. Or in your case. A little drilling. Maybe convert to roush or gt500 front end? ye?

2011_ford_mustang-rtr_actf34_ns_614102_717.jpg

Last edited:

turka

not ᶠᶸᶜᵏᴵᴺᴳ bagged
Established Member
Prices sure went up from the last company and you said they were from?

I have the very first set, the prototypes, if you will. I was charged $1100 but I was also the one who approached them with the idea of making a coilover for the s197 chassis. They have since made various improvements to the entire system (better valving, beefier mounting points, etc) and that's why the price has gone up. Hope that clears some things up.
are those roush side skirts?
Side Splitters, yes.
The only lip that matches the side splitters perfectly is probably the RTR valance and lip. The RTR stuff is pretty ugly and $$$ in my opinion. As far as I know there are no companies that make additions to the CS valance except for Ford. Or in your case. A little drilling. Maybe convert to roush or gt500 front end? ye?

I agree about the ugly and $$$. I think the Boss/CS valance is the best looking option for 2011+ without replacing the entire bumper. I like the roush front, and that bumper fixes the issue, but I would have to further modify that to delete the foglight holes and side markers in order to be pleased with it - which would make it even more expensive.

I'd think more people would be interested in a CS lip :shrug:
I'll do some measuring and possibly find a lip off of another car and make it work. All that shit is the same anyway lol.

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member
There are plenty of generic FRP lips on ebay. Get a couple and frankenstein something.

Users who are viewing this thread