Any ford techs here?

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
The bottle is tinted. And will ultimately shade the color of the coolant.

VC7B is gold coolant. No doubt about it (former parts man, dad is a 30 year Ford Parts Manager too).

More than likely you have that orangey tint that modulars get due to age in the cooling system. My old cobra had it.

Also, as long as you don't mix gold (VC7B) with real green (VC5) motorcraft coolant, you should be fine.

jmsa540

Established Member

VC7B is gold coolant. No doubt about it (former parts man, dad is a 30 year Ford Parts Manager too).

More than likely you have that orangey tint that modulars get due to age in the cooling system. My old cobra had it.

Also, as long as you don't mix gold (VC7B) with real green (VC5) motorcraft coolant, you should be fine.
Thank you.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CSCOBRA03

Established Member

This is correct, I was a Ford Senior Master tech 47 years of Ford experience.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Nah, literally a few days wont hurt anything. Its prolonged (long term) exposure to the wrong coolant that will eat head gaskets and seals.

Good on you to make the dealer put the correct spec coolant in. At my dealer we ONLY use Toyota fluids and parts. If its not from a Toyota/Lexus box or bottle, we dont put it in our customers cars. Fortunately for use, Toyota/Lexus only has a Red concentrate and a premix Pink Super long life. Makes it pretty easy, which makes my life as a service tech easy.

Ford Orange is Dexcool. Vehicles spec'd with Ford Orange as factory fill are fine to run it. GM's issue is they changed the coolant and didnt (in typical GM fashion) check gasket and seal compatibility.

Users who are viewing this thread