Any feedback on BF's "Inexpensive Hop Fix"?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I was hopping all over the place today and I need to do something about it.

Option 1: Get the Strange shocks and use Doug's kit to install them. Anyone tired this yet?? Good results or what?? Is this worth a try at only $180. or so?

Option 2: Replace all the IRS bushings, new shocks, sub frame connectors, etc. (Lots more $$).

Any opinions?

Mrcobraguy

Established Member
I don't know about other people but i welded up some sub frame conectors the other day and it took most of ym wheel hop away. I didn't think it was going to improve it that much but it did. I would still like to get those shocks though some point in time.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
badboy said:
I was hopping all over the place today and I need to do something about it.

Option 1: Get the Strange shocks and use Doug's kit to install them. Anyone tired this yet?? Good results or what?? Is this worth a try at only $180. or so?

Option 2: Replace all the IRS bushings, new shocks, sub frame connectors, etc. (Lots more $$).

Any opinions?

That is actually one option there bud. The bushings and strange shocks are one part of the fix. Basically it solves the shock part of the equation. With your mods you need a minimum of subframes (MMFLSFC), IRS bushings (MM), UCA/LCA/DIFF bushings (nick stangcobra93) and the new shocks/bushings.

There is a hell of a lot of squishy rubber under there in that system.
Hop won't stop till you get it out.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Thanks postban, I am following your advice. Now all I need is a good shop in the SF bay area to put all this stuff on. Anybody got any suggestions?

CWD

Established Member
postban said:
That is actually one option there bud. The bushings and strange shocks are one part of the fix. Basically it solves the shock part of the equation. With your mods you need a minimum of subframes (MMFLSFC), IRS bushings (MM), UCA/LCA/DIFF bushings (nick stangcobra93) and the new shocks/bushings.

Postban, Have you talked to Doug about when the Adaptor Kits will be ready? I have my name on his list and I already have the shocks...Just waiting. Thanks

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
Are you saying that these kits aren't available yet? I was under the impression Doug was selling them now. I just pm'd Doug to order.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
T BAG said:
Does someone have a link to these? Any pics? How much?

Bunch of pics here; http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148065&page=2

Old Fart said:
Nick aka [email protected] makes delrin bushings to go in the UCA and LCA positions as well as differential mounts (front aluminum, rear delrin. $350 for the whole set including shipping. Delrin is supposed to be better for "moving" joints. ...snip... Toofast4you has a lot of good input about suspension. Don't use polyurathane on the front diff mounts, as they melt from the heat.

Email Nick, get your set, install them along with the shock bushings Doug is selling and you will have no hop.

GET THE RUBBER OUT OF THE IRS, that is the TOTAL solution. Dougs new bushings and the strange shocks are part of that total. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
postban said:

I thought that the strange shocks and the billetflow adapter were the fix alone, with no need to change the bushings?

dougwg

Established Member
ummm....no

you might want to re-read the other thread....but only read posts from ME in that thread

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
dougwg said:
ummm....no

you might want to re-read the other thread....but only read posts from ME in that thread

Ah got ya. I was just going by what was said HERE.....

"Just installed some prototype stuff on my 03 Cobra Coupe 10 mins ago and had excellent results. One test driver reported 90% hop eliminated, another said it was "completely gone, either spins or it hooks, but no hop".

Thing working against us

* F1's
* Temp 39°F
* Bone stock IRS SF bushings
* Bone stock Control Arm bushings
* Bone stock Diff bushings
* Bone stock Coupe springs
* Bone stock Toe link bars
* Crappy Michigan Roads

Thing working for us

* New Inexpensive Adjustable Shocks
* Prototype Mounting Hardware (Specifically designed for 03/04 Cobra's)
* BilletFlow IRS Cover Brace

Details to follow this week......"

Doug so then you are saying this is only in conjunction with the diff bushings and IRS bushings that it is effective? I want to make sure I get everything I need in order for it to completely eliminate any wheel hop. Thanks!

dougwg

Established Member
basically all cars are different

some don't have wheel hop others have lots

on some cars this will fix the hop others may need even more help

no 2 Cobras are the same... see what I'm sayin?

I was the "test driver that said 90%" :)

Last edited:

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
dougwg said:
basically all cars are different

some don't have wheel hop others have lots

on some cars this will fix the hop others may need even more help

no 2 Cobras are the same... see what I'm sayin?

I was the "test driver that said 90%" :)

Makes sense!

dougwg

Established Member
:thumbsup:

That being said.... I hope this helps alot of guys...

I drove Postbans car for a few days... wheel hop does suck a$$ :bash:

Users who are viewing this thread