Any failures with 04 model's

MysticSN95

Established Member
I just wanted to see if anyone has had any failures with this year. I am itching to put a Whipple on but only put 2K mi on the car. I guess I'm trying to see if I should take the plunge. Thanks.

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
its the same car.....try asking the 03 Owners

x14

Established Member
I had to have my intercooler reservoir replaced. Major coolant leak. The tank would be empty after 3 weeks. Now I'm experiencing a weird thing with my shifter not sure if it's my Tri-Ax or something else.

04Torchvert

Established Member
The 03 is not the same yes the basis is the same but SVT learned from its growing pains, examples: ticking solved, head casting different where no more coolent leaks, 7 8 cylinders leaned out, fixed a bunch other stuff, I heard they put stronger half shafts on but that might be a rumor. My have not broke (knock on wood) and i have bounced baaaaadddddddd! Alot of times I was like "o man i def broke em there" then nothin

svtnos1011

STRIKE FIRST, STRIKE HARD
Established Member
my gas pedal broke on me... the pedal ended up getting stuck under the carpet while i was on the highway :dw:

Machinator

Banned
Originally posted by 04Torchvert
The 03 is not the same yes the basis is the same but SVT learned from its growing pains, examples: ticking solved, head casting different where no more coolent leaks, 7 8 cylinders leaned out, fixed a bunch other stuff, I heard they put stronger half shafts on but that might be a rumor. My have not broke (knock on wood) and i have bounced baaaaadddddddd! Alot of times I was like "o man i def broke em there" then nothin

No they did not fix the tick in the 04. and no the 7-8 cylinders do not lean out if you get a good tune. If you dont have a good tune then anything can happen.

Users who are viewing this thread