Any Excel Gurus here????

txyaloo

Established Member
I need a way to put this data into tables. It is Cl and Cd data for an aero class that I am taking. If someone figures out how then let me know cause I have to do a bunch.

NACA 0015

Lift data

NACA0015 LIFT DATA

Drag data

NACA0015 DRAG DATA

NACA 0012

Lift data

NACA0012 LIFT DATA

Drag data

NACA0012 DRAG DATA

Just copy all the data into notepad. Do a find/replace for ever space and replace it with a comma. Then save the file as xxx.csv. You can then open the CSV in excel and save it as an XLS.

txyaloo

Established Member
Thanks Man!!!!! I was having the worst time trying to figure out how to do that.

It may take a little fiddling in notepad to get the commas in the right place. Just remember every value needs a comma separating them. It only takes a few seconds to get set up once you figure it out. :beer:

xenodragon

Established Member
Even easier, copy and paste it into excel...select Text to Columns, select delimated, select space, click finish, and you're done.

Took me 10 seconds to do it

Last edited:

tmaschm

Established Member
Dude, once you showed me the way I can take it from there. It is perfect just had to keep using find and replace, don't know why I didn't think of that. I still wouldn't have known how to save it as a .csv without you though. I am going to use Excel's Lookup function to pull values from the tables for my equations, thanks a ton txyloo!!!

tmaschm

Established Member
I'll try that too just for future reference xenodragon.

Tried it and it worked as well! However it was easier to get rid of the space between the rows using the other method. (not a big deal more of a aesthetic preference)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread