Any Excel Gurus? have a quick (Probably easy) question

jbes3

Established Member
I am making an Excel spreadsheet and color coating the cells. I am trying to get the formula to ignore cells that I made in a certain color. I don't have and excel book handy and I've been searching. I can manually make the formulas, but I am trying to avoid doing that due to constant changes in the cells.

I was trying to do an IF formula, but don't know how to do something like, "IF RED = IGNORE".

Thanks for any help.

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Like 65FB says, you can do anything in visual basic if you've got the programming skill.

Have you tried conditional formatting? You could make it such that if [cell value=0] it shades it red, or whatever other criteria, rather than coloring each one individually.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Could you make another column (B1) such that =IF(A1>value,A1,0)? That way the column would display only the values over your threshold.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Like 65FB says, you can do anything in visual basic if you've got the programming skill.

Have you tried conditional formatting? You could make it such that if [cell value=0] it shades it red, or whatever other criteria, rather than coloring each one individually.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Could you make another column (B1) such that =IF(A1>value,A1,0)? That way the column would display only the values over your threshold.

he's wanting to color code the cell manually and it give out a value for a script...conditional formatting is the other way around where it color codes a cell based on the data you input.

slow2002gt

Detective Kia
Established Member
I am making an Excel spreadsheet and color coating the cells. I am trying to get the formula to ignore cells that I made in a certain color. I don't have and excel book handy and I've been searching. I can manually make the formulas, but I am trying to avoid doing that due to constant changes in the cells.

I was trying to do an IF formula, but don't know how to do something like, "IF RED = IGNORE".

Thanks for any help.

Made something similar to this but used conditional formatting whereas if the value was .01 or higher it would color it green if -.01 or lower would color it red then made a formula for adding all numbers higher than .00 not sure if this will work for you though.

Users who are viewing this thread