Any Entrepreneurs In Here?

RedDemon91

Established Member
Find a business brokerage firm and give them a call. Tell them what line of work you're interested in and see what comes up. When you build the business up and are ready to cash out and move on call the broker, list it, and reinvest into a more profitable company.
I will definitely look into this, thank you :beer:
The reason for online is because its easier and more convenient for people to purchase things at their own times and right at home. Plus the fact that the starting capital for a online business vs actual store or physical location is ALOT cheaper
I guess I didn't think about that because I don't do a lot of online shopping, but you're right, technology is taking over and everyone wants to make things more simple
Yes, it is hard but will pay off..you get what you put in. To me the best thing isn't the money in all honesty. To me it's about being my own boss which is what I love. I don't want to say we made it yet but near break even.

Visit our site to check us out Salsa Mina I have sent some of the members here some of our product, so now it's about getting it to a store near them.

Think about it long and hard about what you truly want to do..your going to invest time and money but the reward is well worth it...don't get discouraged.
Thanks for the encouraging words :beer:
You need to work for a succesful business for some time to learn as much as possible. No one is going to give you money to start anything out of college when you have no practicle experience. All the schooling in the world can't teach you what you will learn in only a few years in the real world.

As someone else said you will be working all the time. No quiting at 5 and no being sick ever. Every one in the world will always be trying to take from you.

Now that the bad is out of the way-Its the most fulfilling thing I've ever done. If you fail its all on you, if you succede its all on you.
I'm the farthest thing away from lazy, when I set my mind on something, I pursue it until I succeed. When you say I need to work with a successful business first, do you mean in the field that I'm trying to pursue in order to get a feel for it first?
Good to hear that you have one of the more important things (Capital) on tap, now the MOST important thing must be found (business plan). Outdoors stuff is way too broad, Construction, Landscaping, Roofing? Or maybe Septic tank, Propane delivery, Well drilling, geothermal air conditioning installation?

Find something people NEED, not want, (food/fuel/utilities) because you will always have business. The worse the economy became, the more business poured into my store (pizza place).

Honestly if I had the capital to push around, I would find someone to be the operating partner and just finance them to open up a franchise of some sort (chik-fil-a/Qdoba/pizza place, etc...) Franchises have a much, much lower failure rate, but you do have to pay royalties to corporate, and also have to run it the way they tell you. You could be the 51% partner, and get in your contract stating that if the business starts to fail, you can step in as operator and your partner has to forfeit his 49% ownership.

I've been thinking of getting rid of my franchise and moving to open an outdoor shooting range... There is a lot of gun enthusiasts in Florida isn't there?

That makes a lot of sense. That's the key thing I need to focus on is which field on want to zero in on and pursue.

For anyone who has gotten a business degree, do you feel that it's helped you at all in your journey to taking care of your own business?

Seraphus

I R ANDROID LEG!
Established Member
Yeah, what I meant was typically the online business are alot cheaper compared to physical locations.

BTW, what kind of online business are you starting up? If you dont mind me asking

yea online is cheaper without a physical location.

I can't say what the business is just yet (under non-disclosure) but will let my SVTP brothers know and give them a discount when we launch (with Sid's approval of course). :beer:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I have had what I have been told is a "generation altering" website idea for over 5 years now.(words from a Govt. web site security program designer, several IT guys, and several other trusted people). The only reason I have not started it is..of course...$$$$$$, sure I could have the website built for about $5K so ive been told BUT after that, there are legal things, and advertising to think about. I figure I would be in it close to $20-$40K for a full start up, maybe more. Thus I have never done it. Maybe someday I will if no one ever thinks of it first.

Honestly I'm kinda in the OP's position. I have already owned one business when I was 17 (siding company) that did well for a year or so but hey, I was 17 so I was a lazy POS at the time and to this day I still kick myself for not busting my ass back then. Now I have been considering doing something else and im seriously looking into small time car auction sales. Only 1-2 cars at a time just buying and selling. It isn't much more basic than that. My brother does it, so does my brother in law and 2 other friends and they all make some pretty killer $ doing it on the side of there hourly jobs. So I will probably start doing that this fall and see how it goes.

OP, good luck, but like said above, it is A LOT of work, dont expect to buy any toys, mods, or anything else for the first few years. MY father is a self made millionaire with a large construction company that he started over 30 years ago and he says to plan on not making a single cent for the first 2-4 years on average. So you better have a way to live for a while because your probably working for free for a while. Also, check out my sig, words to seriously think about. GL

RedDemon91

Established Member
yea online is cheaper without a physical location.

I can't say what the business is just yet (under non-disclosure) but will let my SVTP brothers know and give them a discount when we launch (with Sid's approval of course). :beer:
PM Sent
I have had what I have been told is a "generation altering" website idea for over 5 years now.(words from a Govt. web site security program designer, several IT guys, and several other trusted people). The only reason I have not started it is..of course...$$$$$$, sure I could have the website built for about $5K so ive been told BUT after that, there are legal things, and advertising to think about. I figure I would be in it close to $20-$40K for a full start up, maybe more. Thus I have never done it. Maybe someday I will if no one ever thinks of it first.

Honestly I'm kinda in the OP's position. I have already owned one business when I was 17 (siding company) that did well for a year or so but hey, I was 17 so I was a lazy POS at the time and to this day I still kick myself for not busting my ass back then. Now I have been considering doing something else and im seriously looking into small time car auction sales. Only 1-2 cars at a time just buying and selling. It isn't much more basic than that. My brother does it, so does my brother in law and 2 other friends and they all make some pretty killer $ doing it on the side of there hourly jobs. So I will probably start doing that this fall and see how it goes.

OP, good luck, but like said above, it is A LOT of work, dont expect to buy any toys, mods, or anything else for the first few years. MY father is a self made millionaire with a large construction company that he started over 30 years ago and he says to plan on not making a single cent for the first 2-4 years on average. So you better have a way to live for a while because your probably working for free for a while. Also, check out my sig, words to seriously think about. GL

PM sent to you too :beer:

sixt5

Established Member
im TRYING to get my powder coating buisness to take off but it takes alot of time and some money (not too much for mine though). working a full time job and trying to powder at nights/weekends sucks but money is nice when it comes.

Home
yes i know its cheesy!

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I do Auto/boat/motorcycle detailing on the side... And plowing during he winter. I love what I do. I mainly do High performance stuff... Vettes, fbodies, mustangs, muscle cars, big ass boats, etc.... And residential plowing over the winter.

I'm also a full time student.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member

Want a silent partner>??? Seriously.

Now I have been considering doing something else and im seriously looking into small time car auction sales. Only 1-2 cars at a time just buying and selling. It isn't much more basic than that. My brother does it, so does my brother in law and 2 other friends and they all make some pretty killer $ doing it on the side of there hourly jobs. So I will probably start doing that this fall and see how it goes.

Just some advice for what you are thinking about doing:

Things may be different out in Denver but around here auction prices are through the roof. At least they have been. Used car/truck prices are up as well. They have been for a while.

Be very careful buying at the auction. You can easily buy something that you may have to sit on for a while if it is not bought right.

STEER CLEAR of most Honda/Acura vehicles with automatics. Specifically '99 and up Odysseys, '98 and up Accords, '99 and up TLs(CLs as well) and Acura MDXs. These are ALL "easy sell" vehicles that are notorious for transmission issues. There is no need for a dealer to blast one through auction unless it has issues that prevent them from retailing it.
Trust me on that, please. Otherwise it WILL bite you in the ass. I try and push that warning on to all of the dealers we do work for at our(brother and myself) shop. Yet they still buy them, sell them and then call me a few days after they are sold to rebuild the transmission and it eats up all of their profit.

Oh well, enough with that rant. My last suggestion is scour craigslist every damn day and multiple times a day. Check Ebay as well as any local classifieds you may have in your area. Most vehicles I buy to "flip" are not bought at the auction. Make sure you have the cash on hand so if you find something and work out a deal you can run right over and buy it. There are a whole lot of other people out there doing/trying to do the same thing you are.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
PM Sent

PM sent to you too :beer:

never got a PM, resend it:beer:

Want a silent partner>??? Seriously.

Just some advice for what you are thinking about doing:

Things may be different out in Denver but around here auction prices are through the roof. At least they have been. Used car/truck prices are up as well. They have been for a while.

Be very careful buying at the auction. You can easily buy something that you may have to sit on for a while if it is not bought right.

STEER CLEAR of most Honda/Acura vehicles with automatics. Specifically '99 and up Odysseys, '98 and up Accords, '99 and up TLs(CLs as well) and Acura MDXs. These are ALL "easy sell" vehicles that are notorious for transmission issues. There is no need for a dealer to blast one through auction unless it has issues that prevent them from retailing it.
Trust me on that, please. Otherwise it WILL bite you in the ass. I try and push that warning on to all of the dealers we do work for at our(brother and myself) shop. Yet they still buy them, sell them and then call me a few days after they are sold to rebuild the transmission and it eats up all of their profit.

Oh well, enough with that rant. My last suggestion is scour craigslist every damn day and multiple times a day. Check Ebay as well as any local classifieds you may have in your area. Most vehicles I buy to "flip" are not bought at the auction. Make sure you have the cash on hand so if you find something and work out a deal you can run right over and buy it. There are a whole lot of other people out there doing/trying to do the same thing you are.

Thanks you very much for the info. Some great advise and you probably saved me some cash in all honesty. I am always on craigslist/SVTP/corral, etc and I have seen some DAMN good deals come and go over the years. Now that I will have some money I will be able to do just as you suggested. Call and immediately go and pick up the car. Cash talk, thats the way of the world and the ability to make the first call and purchase the car hours later can really help get you some good deals.

Last edited:

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Thanks you very much for the info. Some great advise and you probably saved me some cash in all honesty. I am always on craigslist/SVTP/corral, etc and I have seen some DAMN good deals come and go over the years. Now that I will have some money I will be able to do just as you suggested. Call and immediately go and pick up the car. Cash talk, thats the way of the world and the ability to make the first call and purchase the car hours later can really help get you some good deals.

No problem man! Cash talks, it is the way of the world. Some people are really hurting out there and need cash fast so deals are out there.
Be leery of those Hondas/Acuras. If you look at any private party take it for a LONG right, when you first go to look at one start it when you get there and don't ever shut it off. The problem is the clutches start to fall apart with age and clog the filter(not serviceable). Sometimes the issues don't show their head until after the car is ran for an extended period.

Good luck out there!!! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread