Any dyno tuners here? Got a quick question on flashing PCM with an updated tune?

JasonSnake

Established Member
Heyas!

OK, so as you see in my sig, I have a 97 Mark VIII. These cars ended production in 98. Most of you don't know that these cars have a horrific shifting program. For example, if you're just driving in the city with moderate acceleration, you will find that the car will reach 4th gear and converter lock at around 35 MPH... WHILE you're still trying to accelerate moderately. This bogs down the DOHC in these cars as the engine is about 90% same as a 96-98 Cobra. These cars also come stock with 3.27's (the base model only 3.08). They need some RPM to move. Anyway, in '99, Ford came out with an updated flash/tune for the PCM to alleviate the problem. I just found out about it a few days ago on another forum.

So, my question is to you tuners out there, is it possible for you to upload the updated tune from Ford into my PCM? Or can I only do that at a dealership? I'd really not want to get raped out of $$ for something that should take a few minutes to do.

I can't do any custom dyno tuning because I'm just too strapped for cash for something like that.

Thanks for offering any insight!

Users who are viewing this thread