Any difference in 5.4L's??????????

'90 SSC Clone

Established Member
:shrug: Is there any actual difference between a regular 5.4L F-150 and a Lighnting or Harley Supercharged 5.4L besides the supercharger? Could I do put a KB on and some of the same mods that you guys are doing to your Lightnings and achieve the same kind of horse power and torque? Thanks.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
compresion is higher in a n/a motor, the rods are prob a bit weaker, the cams are different and atleast the computer to run it all is way different (i know its not motor but figured i would list it)

Venomous Mofo

Originally posted by '90 SSC Clone
:shrug: Is there any actual difference between a regular 5.4L F-150 and a Lighnting or Harley Supercharged 5.4L besides the supercharger? Could I do put a KB on and some of the same mods that you guys are doing to your Lightnings and achieve the same kind of horse power and torque? Thanks.

Ford molested the SVT engine bin when they dropped the L engine into the HD. So, its the same motor as found in the L aside for the painted blower for the 03 HD's

Regular F150 doesnt have the forged pistons. They also dont use the coated rods the L has. Compression is much higher, the injectors are only 19# opposed to the 42# in the L. The mass air sensor might be the same, but im not sure ( 90mm ).

The motors are quite a bit different in certain respects though.

Users who are viewing this thread