Any die cast collectors...I need help

JAYMONEY

Established Member
It's time to get rid of some of my junk that's taking up space. While searching in my basement, I found a Bill Elliott #94 1940 Ford sedan delivery 1/24 scale Racing Champions "Stock Rods" die cast. It is #67 of 4998 made and is painted a shiny gold. I've google searched it and have only found ones in red. Like I said, mine is shiny gold in color. The red ones I found aren't really going for alot of $$$ and was wondering if the gold ones might be worth more. I doubt my gold die cast is worth any significant amount of $$$, but I'd like to know for sure. BTW, it was never taken out of the box. Also, this is a Nascar 1948-1998 50th anniversary edition.
I also have an Ertl Raven Black 1966 Fairlane GT/A w/red stripes. It's either a 1/24 or 1/25 scale die cast. It is also in it's original box. The box has been opened but has never been taken out. I only opened it to see what it looks like. My Dad got me this car years ago and told me the only way to get this die cast was if you were an employee for Ford (which he was). I don't know how true this is, but I haven't seen any of these die cast cars either. The box is dated 1992.
Anyway, any help on what these die casts are worth would be appreciated. :)

JAYMONEY

Established Member
After some more searching, I found a Fairlane die cast like mine selling for $32. No luck on the '40 Ford, though.:shrug:

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
My favorite two sites for diecast info or sales are:

Ebay; and http://www.diecastxchange.com/forum1/

I'm a huge Bill Elliott fan; but most items like what you have aren't worth a significant amount because they don't represent anything from his actual career.

The Ertl Fairlane will likely bring close to its original value; but probably not any more unless you find someone that *really* wants it (because they owned a similar car or such).

Best of luck!

Last edited:

JAYMONEY

Established Member
I'm a huge Bill Elliott fan; but most items like what you have aren't worth a significant amount because they don't represent anything from his actual career.

I was also a huge Elliott fan. I have alot of Elliott stuff (clocks, posters, blankets, etc....). I don't think I have anything worth a whole lot of money, but I don't want to yard sale any of it for alot less than what it might be worth. If my wife had it her way, she would throw everything away. HA HA!!

Users who are viewing this thread