Any DH mountain bikers in here?

1QUICK10TH

Just A GT
Established Member
Just curious if any of you guys ride DH? I rode for the first time yesterday at killington, VT and I think I'm in love! I have extensive background in moto and ride expert hare scrambles and enduro. I picked it up quick and I think I'd like to get more involved. I rode a Scott Gambler and it was awesome! I never would have imagined a bicycle could handle so good down a double black trail. That being said I'm a bigger guy, 6'2" 250lb. On steep jump faces I bottomed the fork hard even though the bike managed to pull through and be completely stable. Do they have fork/shock set ups for guys my size?

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
I ride from time to time. I used to ride a lot and even raced DH . my first dh bike was a iron horse 7 point . guess it would be considered a heavy all mountain bike these days. I did replace the fork on it with a fox double crown. It originally had a roxxshox boxer i think. Both shocks max rider weight was 250# . the problem is when you set them up for that much weight they just to firm and not smooth at all. So i set it up for lower weight and more rebound at the risk of blowing out the shock. Anyway for a "cheap" dh bike it was a blast. Smooth bike but Tires and wheels are more important then frame imo on a DH bike. Im also a big guy 6'5 250 . I dont ride DH as much now after a couple of broken collar bones its not as fun as it used to be. It also messed me up to a point of paranoia worrying about crashing that i would crash from being too careful. I dont own a DH bike anymore but i still rent them. when i go to whistler or big bear i just dont ride all out anymore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread