Any dealership parts guys here?

SHOdown220

Established Member
If so how do you like it? What do you like or dislike? I’m a service advisor, have been for awhile. Parts is short and offering some pretty competitive pay to get people in, already had 1 advisor and one seasoned tech make the switch to parts.

Seems like it would take a load off my
mind not always watching my gross profit, effective labor rate, profit percentage, cse, $ per RO, and the other items that affect my pay. It would be salary plus month end bonus based on stores gross parts profit, I haven’t seen the exact numbers but it would most likely be a slight pay cut, maybe 5 grand a year compared to my average.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Been doing Ford and Mazda parts for 15 years. I love it, but it has been difficult the past couple years with all the backorders.
I get that, got a few customers waiting on some back ordered stuff now. Ours thankfully hasn’t been too bad, can still get most of the parts we use day to day, it’s the oddball stuff we have had a hard time getting.

floodstang

Established Member
I've been a Ford Tech for about 33 years. I tried being a service writer at a Chevy/Cadillac dealer. That lasted about 4 months. Too much stress and the Cadillac customers I delt with were nuts! Went back to being a Ford tech at another dealer. A couple of years ago I was offered the parts manager position at my current dealership but I turned it down due to a cut in pay. Looking back I should have taken it. It sure looks less stressful. One of our parts guys is getting ready to retire and when he does I think I will make the move to parts.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Getting parts is a pain. We have been waiting over 4 months for a Electronic Brake Control Module for a 2020 Siverado.
Tried to order the passenger rear inside door panel for a 2021 Tahoe. Nobody has one and neither does GM.
A customers 2017 Trax needs an engine, not available from GM and no Dealer has them. And that is just the vehicles I am working on. The other techs in the shop are having the same issues. About 1/3 of our service parking area is taken up by vehicles waiting for parts. It is getting worse every week.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Since we are on the subject, if there are any Acura Parts guys here, give me a shout!

Users who are viewing this thread