Any contractors or plumbers on here?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The problem with letting a plumber in is that they see old work and want to replace it all to make more work and money for themselves all in the name of "bringing it up to code." and/or something being a "safety issue."..

I'd rather handle it myself, learn new skills, buy more tools!!....and save MY hard earned money.

I renovated a 100+ yo 4 unit rental property myself.
It was worth learning to do things myself, and fun cutting out the professionals.

I'm sure I could learn. But it comes down to having the time/motivation. We're in a bit of a crunch as we have guests coming out the beginning of June for my son's graduation. Plus I'm at a point where I'm able to hand it off to someone else and I'm ok with that. I've worked hard to get here.

I had an idea I tried out, but it didn't put the drain in the right spot. So I called two companies out for quotes. One is a big company and the other is a two man operation, but was suggested by a buddy that's a general contractor. The two man operation is a but more expensive, but he talked about extra things such as moving the valves and making sure pipes were secured. Something the big company never mentioned and wasn't in the quote. So I'm assuming the big company would have added that on later. Neither one suggested anything beyond what was needed. The biggest thing they both want to do is switch from the brass set ups to the ABS drains.

Users who are viewing this thread