Any concerns on a 2016 GT350?

ClayDee

Established Member

ANGREY

Established Member
Anything I should be aware of with this year model? Car currently has approximately 175 miles. It's the color combo I'm looking for and im not a track guy so everything that it does not have the 17 GT350 has is not an issue for me. Any information, help is much appreciated.

2016 Used Ford Mustang 2dr Fastback Shelby GT350 at Momentum Motorcars Inc. Serving Marietta, GA, IID 17652195

Is it tech pack or track pack? If it's tech pack it doesn't feature the trans or the oil coolers. This does 2 things.

1. It lowers the value of the car because there's a stigma out there about them.
2. It may make your ability to actually use the car for hard track sessions both infeasible and a danger to the vehicle (which will go into limp mode when it overheats).

I'd say, if it's track pack, fire away if you like the price. If it's tech pack, just realize you'll either have to keep it on the street (or avoid heavy/hard extended track use) and also realize it'll be harder to sell later if you decide to get rid of it.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
i also think it's too high...even with the low miles, it's a tech pack. nothing wrong with that, especially since you said you won't be tracking it.... but that is close to what some have given for a new 18

ClayDee

Established Member
Yea, I think the price is high considering what the 18's are going for. I'm waiting for them to contact me back. Maybe they can be haggled with.

What would you say a fair price is?

Creedog

Established Member
I would say too high for non cooler car. They do carry extra baggage for not having them (fair or not). If you don’t track the car should not be an issue for daily driver 99% of the time. I know of another close to that dealership in Roswell. IM me and I can provide you the run down. I was extremely close to buying this one but I plan tracking mine when I actually get it. I have a ‘17 Avalanche Grey with blue stripes that is back in play. Was in, then out, now back again. I am waiting on final numbers from the dealership. Fingers crossed.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea, I think the price is high considering what the 18's are going for. I'm waiting for them to contact me back. Maybe they can be haggled with.

What would you say a fair price is?
If you can haggle them down a few grand you’ll be ok, especially if that’s the color combo you want. These are high 40s/low 50s now and may still take awhile to sell for an individual

khawk952

Established Member
That's too high. I was in the same boat just a few days ago. I just picked one up Wednesday for well under 50k in Byron. Check the one in Roswell out, I'm sure you know what dealership has it by now. Also steer clear of the one in Forsyth, they also want way too much and dont want to wiggle on the price.

Shhhh

Established Member
Covington Ford has a Track pack 16 with a little history. It's a Ford Buyback but the car is clean. Title reads clean from however they did the paperwork in Washington State. They are asking $44,900. After driving one of their other GT350s with the Tech package I'm leaning more towards the leather seats so I passed on it.

Art Vandelay

Established Member
5-10 years from now the demand for a never-tracked GT350 will be sky high. Then there will be us ‘16 tech pack owners holding all the cards. Just chillin’ with our treasure, and our ventilated seats. Right?? ;)

They’re great if you don’t go to the track. Price seems high. Color combo is awesome. I’d say $50-52k is fair for that one.

ClayDee

Established Member
5-10 years from now the demand for a never-tracked GT350 will be sky high. Then there will be us ‘16 tech pack owners holding all the cards. Just chillin’ with our treasure, and our ventilated seats. Right?? ;)

They’re great if you don’t go to the track. Price seems high. Color combo is awesome. I’d say $50-52k is fair for that one.

He'll, I can't even get them to respond back to me. Guess they don't want to sell it to bad. How do you like your 16 tech pack?....

Osiris

Established Member
Nothing wrong with a tech, at all.

Even the coolers can be added. I agree that 50 to 52 sounds reasonable.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ClayDee

Established Member
Nothing wrong with a tech, at all.

Even the coolers can be added. I agree that 50 to 52 sounds reasonable.

What's the EST cost on adding the coolers? Anybody done it?

Osiris

Established Member
Quite a few have. There are different ways to go about it. You can add the FP trans cooler and run an external pump manually or also swap out the trans. Supposedly FP has been discounting the cost for tech owners a little.

Its about $1k for the manual trans cooler installing it yourself. I can't recall the cost of the trans.

The diff cooler kit is/was 2400.

If you never plan on track racing it you won't need it. Drag/autocross isn't a problem, at least it hasn't been with me, which is one reason I haven't done the coolers myself...That and waiting for the 500 lol.

I think if you're about a 5k or more diff. Between a tech and a track, with like miles/color/equip. The tech will be a better value to you either way. Anything less than that in sale price, stick with a '17+

Mustang6g.com has a really long and detailed thread complete with parts lists on this in the G350 section.

Users who are viewing this thread