Any clear fog light updates?

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
I did a search but was wondering if any had any updates as to how their clear cobra fog lights were holding up. Im getting a cobra bumper next month and am not sure if i wanna get stock replacement fogs or the clear kind of fogs(I have cobra head lights and clear corners). What do u guys think? Any of the clear fogs holding up or are they leaking like a siv?

Wildpony

Established Member
I want to do clear ones but wanted to try out the '07 Shelby 500 style if Steve from Tously Ford (vendor on here), thinks they are a match/ bolt up for the 94-98 style.. These shouldn't leak being factory stock..

SinisterSTANG

SVT
Established Member
Get the clears. I bought mine from Blue Oval Industries, no leaks and looks clean with the clear headlights and corners. Not the best pic, but the only one I have showing them.

picture027op7.jpg

Last edited:

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
I also have the clears and they look great. Got them from 50resto.com. Had them for about 7 months now with no problems

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Mine were on the car when I bought it two years ago and there is about 3/8" water in each of them. I don't know the manufacturer. I'm gonna pull them out this week to see if I can see where the water is getting in.

RoadZOmbie

Established Member
I bought mine from blue oval industries and the inside chrome has started to peel off from the inside top/bottom (might be my fault)...I put in a brighter higher wattage bulb...if I remember it is the 885. But before 885 install they were PERFECT! :)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I just installed my ultra clear fogs last Saturday. they look great!
I bought a nice pair of $30 "6000k" bulbs to match my HIDs. I have yet to see how they match and how well they light up.
I will update this thread in 6 months or so and let everyone know how they are holding up.
I resealed the lenses with some clear silicon and drilled an 1/8" hole at the bottom of the light for moisture/condensation to escape.

ryanr24

Established Member
WhiteDevil said:
Can you tell me what you had to do to fit those in ?
i just used the stock brackets, marked and drilled holes into the side of the lights(lots of extra plastic on the side) using short screws, it was pretty easy have had for about 3 months.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Took both out tonight. No manufacturer stamped on either one and no sign of how the water got in. I drilled a 1/8" hole in the bottom to drain them and my passenger side unit has a bunch of black crap staining the bottom:cuss: I can't be bothered resealing them and will likely be replacing them soon. Hey Rippin SVT took the car for a drive without the fogs on the car and it does seem lighter & faster:)

4VCobraSVT said:
Mine were on the car when I bought it two years ago and there is about 3/8" water in each of them. I don't know the manufacturer. I'm gonna pull them out this week to see if I can see where the water is getting in.

Mhissticobra

Established Member
I installed mine from Blue Oval about a month ago and I knew people were having issues with them so I put a bead of clear silicone around the edges where the clear plastic meets the metal.

Users who are viewing this thread