Any chance of dropping the GT500 name?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Don't follow these forums any more moved on to other auto maker since ford sucks ass lately. biminiLX your probably the only guy beside me that gets it. Funny your thread post are how i see it too and where ford needs to be. They just don't give a f about the performance side of street racering. They started it with the 03 cobra and continued but dropped the ball with the gt350 and dodge took over, gm is trying to keep up. Said before and so agree with you, get rid of the Shelby name, drop a twin turbo v8, dtc or at least a zf 8speed in something and call it a day.

Today Ford is kicking ass. If you or your friends need to biggest numbers to prove anything that is not our problem.

The GT350 is one of the highest rated cars to drive ever at any price point. A number of writers editors and professional drivers have already stated this. If dropping the ball is saying the name of the GT350 besides the name of Ferrari and Porsche and others is dropping the ball...

And no dodge is no where close to those recommendations.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Gt350r>hellcat.
Def NOT in a straight line. I like all fast cars, and if you don't respect the HC for what it's worth, your ignorance will keep you from appreciating it's excellence.
I drove both my friends R and my Charger on a 1.3 mile road course last week, so I'm pretty aware of both cars capability.
-J

dtd01svt

Established Member
I can't see them dropping the Shelby name after releasing the GT350. The SHELBY name is one main reason I can't wait for the 2018-2019 to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

427Windsorman

Currently between Fords
Established Member
I would love to see the Cobra come back, but also would like to see the GT500 return. It's not like there isn't room in the line up, especially when you look at the offerings from Dodge and GM.

How about the following:

GT500R = TT 7.0L V8 - Corner Carver
GT350 / GT350R = Updates of current car with more power - Corner Carver
Cobra = Blown Coyote or 5.2 without FPC - Drag oriented
Boss 429 = N/A 7.0L V8 - Drag oriented

Ford could use the 7.0L in the SD trucks, Raptor, and other special editions. They could use the Blown Coyote in the F150, Raptor, and any other Special Editions.

Even though it won't happen, it would be awesome. It would answer GM and Dodge, and be a solution to the limited offerings from Ford today.

Last edited:

Nsssane1

Established Member
I've been mustang free for 2 years I'm patiently awaiting a SVT cobra like the 03/04 will it come out in 2023 hopefully I don't have too wait that long. But I'm willing to and will buy it when it shows up. But I only want a Ford SVT cobra.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
^Take your pick from 93-04 because there will not be anymore "svt" cobras.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Def NOT in a straight line. I like all fast cars, and if you don't respect the HC for what it's worth, your ignorance will keep you from appreciating it's excellence.
I drove both my friends R and my Charger on a 1.3 mile road course last week, so I'm pretty aware of both cars capability.
-J

How would you compare the handling ability of the hellcat vs the trinity?

Clemson

Established Member
The SHELBY name is one main reason I can't wait for the 2018-2019 to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Huh? Why? Shelby is meaningless on anything going forward. The last car he had any input on whatsoever was the 13/14 500.

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
How would you compare the handling ability of the hellcat vs the trinity?
Stock for stock, with the road surface and tires BOTH warm (be careful on cold stock GYs!!!), the Shelby was more engaging and you can clearly notice benefits from 800# less weight.
I've never had the GT500 on a road course like I did with the Charger, but on spirited street driving, both have been fun. The SRT really impressed me with making the Hellcat a big girl that can dance on track :)
The IRS and weight of the Hellcat are much more settled on streets and on-ramps that are bumpy.
SO many differences with stick vs auto, weight, rear axle, etc; but I'd take the Shelby on track and the Hellcat on the street.
-J

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
I've been mustang free for 2 years I'm patiently awaiting a SVT cobra like the 03/04 will it come out in 2023 hopefully I don't have too wait that long. But I'm willing to and will buy it when it shows up. But I only want a Ford SVT cobra.
Sorry man you will wait for a life time haha, no more "svt" it is all now ford performance...But just the Cobra name would be cool I guess we shall see

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
-J
Good then you could probably enlighten us on how Ben purchased both but sold the HC within a month.
What were the differences that you felt?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Good then you could probably enlighten us on how Ben purchased both but sold the HC within a month.
What were the differences that you felt?
Old thread, but who's Ben and why did he sell his HC?
WTF would I know or care? Ask him.
-J

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
i think it makes more sense to go back to just Cobra. It would create more of a separation between the Gt350 and the Halo car in my mind by not calling it a Gt500 (shelby).

Users who are viewing this thread