any catbacks that sound good?

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
i am going to a solid rear in my '03 i had bassani and it sounded like ass..i have been listening to all the soundclips i can. slp loud mouths have to be the worst sounding exhaust. besides flowmasters, is there any cat back that is loud and sounds good, that does NOT sound raspy?? thanks-jim

greengt88

Established Member
MAC, I would also suggest 3", have a listen to some with that catback. i agree bassani sounds bad. i have bassani on my fox though and it sounds awesome. don't get stingers they sound similar to slp. MAC all the way!!!

venom04svt

Established Member
I have BBK longtubes, BBX offroad X and SLP and its extremely loud but I like that sound.. I had MAC offoad H and catback that switched from..definantly a big difference. The best sounding exhaust i heard for these cars was the FRPP ones that are discontinued.. but if you want the deep throaty sound look at Borla.. I'm just not a fan of the tips they use..

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
MAC, I would also suggest 3", have a listen to some with that catback. i agree bassani sounds bad. i have bassani on my fox though and it sounds awesome. don't get stingers they sound similar to slp. MAC all the way!!!

yeah i was thinking about the mac..i have single chamber flowmasters that i could swap in and out on my bassani (left them in sounded better). and the mac have straight through mufflers which would make the swapping easier. will the mac prochamber cut any rasp down??

now that frpp exhaust has to be the only thing worse than slps, and stingers.

Stalker27

Established Member
^^^ Yeah it will bolt up. If you order the 3" from Mac they will send you two reducers for it to mate up

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
What's "good" to you may be "crap" to others... Its all personal opinion imo... I like SLP, yet you said they're the worst sounding exhaust ever. I do think however that most people seem to agree that Bassani O/R X (or catted) with Stingers is one of the best setups.

SonicTerminator

Whistle Box Equipped 4.6
Established Member
one more quick question before i let this thread fizzle off and die...in the mac 3inch, they have two tip options, either a 3 inch or 3 1/2 inch tip size. i have the fart can sized 4 inch bassani now which fit the bumper good. i am just wondering how the 3 inch tips look?

CobraKraiger

Know Not Anxiety Or Fear
Established Member
When I had my terminator I had a muffler shop make me a custom 3" catback with no mufflers. I ran this with the stock mid-pipe and it sounded great. Very loud and no rasp. I got a ton on compliments on that setup. The best part is it was super cheap since it was just bent pipe.

03SonicBlur

Established Member
What's "good" to you may be "crap" to others... Its all personal opinion imo... I like SLP, yet you said they're the worst sounding exhaust ever. I do think however that most people seem to agree that Bassani O/R X (or catted) with Stingers is one of the best setups.

+1 on the Bassani catted X and Stingers :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread