Any Business Majors out there?

SHONOFF98

Established Member
I have a Business Individual Research Project that I have to do and the topic can be on whatever business related. The teacher told us to read articles/magazines that interest us (obviously cars) and just have a topic by Thursday. The type is either analytical or informational. Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything going on in the automotive world that I could relate to business or what not (body has to be 5-10 pages).

Thanks,
Tyler

Ben 98

Established Member
I did Ford copyrighting the mustang name, and how it affect the performace shops with mustang on there name.

Got Boost?

Established Member
Ben 98 said:
I did Ford copyrighting the mustang name, and how it affect the performace shops with mustang on there name.

i'd be interested in hearing about that, how does it affect it, your not allowed to use it or what?

SHONOFF98

Established Member
Ben 98 said:

That is a great idea, where did you get your sources and what not (have to have 3 sources that date within 3 years 2004-2006)

Tyler

JPD5801

Established Member
SHONOFF98 said:
I have a Business Individual Research Project that I have to do and the topic can be on whatever business related. The teacher told us to read articles/magazines that interest us (obviously cars) and just have a topic by Thursday. The type is either analytical or informational. Well, I was just wondering if anyone knew of anything going on in the automotive world that I could relate to business or what not (body has to be 5-10 pages).

Thanks,
Tyler

Maybe look at the business models and Management of the major car makers. What is it that toyota and honda are doing internally to increase the value of their stocks while GM and Ford continue to slide?

Check the corp. websites, fobes, WSJ....etc. Lots of info out there.

Good Luck.

SHONOFF98

Established Member
JPD5801 said:
Maybe look at the business models and Management of the major car makers. What is it that toyota and honda are doing internally to increase the value of their stocks while GM and Ford continue to slide?

Check the corp. websites, fobes, WSJ....etc. Lots of info out there.

Good Luck.

Another great idea, I'll defiantely be checking some of those sites out.

Tyler

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
There should be plenty of analytical data about GM going down the pooper.

I hated papers like this becuase I always had to dumb them down for the teacher and rest of the class to understand.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
SHONOFF98 said:

Thanks,
Tyler

I wonder what the teacher meant by individual:shrug:

PonyFever

'03 DSG vert 3816 of 5082
Established Member
If I had to write a paper today it would deal with the retro styling and updated performance and the successes (GT500), failures (GTO) and on the horizon offerings (Camero/Challenger). Good luck to you.

highstick44

Established Member
why not discuss the new strategy that fords new ceo might use to bring for out of the crapper. A new business model and value proposition. You could discuss how ford's value chain will change in order to focus on the most profitable parts of business and outsource the areas that are losing money.

JasonSnake

Established Member
and talk about their rediculous tv commercials on how they appeal to the public. Most GM commercials suck while TC has some commercial aimed towards the young crowd........

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
highstick44 said:
why not discuss the new strategy that fords new ceo might use to bring for out of the crapper. A new business model and value proposition. You could discuss how ford's value chain will change in order to focus on the most profitable parts of business and outsource the areas that are losing money.

Best idea yet.

Might have to dig a bit for the info.

I'd go read blueovalnews.com and see what you can dig up.

whtgt02vert

turned to the darkside.
Established Member
mblgjr said:
Best idea yet.

Might have to dig a bit for the info.

I'd go read blueovalnews.com and see what you can dig up.
I have to agree. I am a business major with a minor in finance. This will be an interestin topic for you to write on. That is what I want to write on if I have to write a paper for any of my business classes this semester.

Users who are viewing this thread