Any boat detail/Gel-coat experts?

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
I need to polish my boat. It is a 29' Baja. Unfortunatley it's red:(
The sun just beat the hell out of the deck, I would like to know what to use on this bad-boy and bring it back to life. The sides are not "that" bad but I removed some graphics and now you can tell it was a much deeper color. I will most likely have to wet-sand it, I have also heard of using a wool pad. Do I have to wet-sand by hand or can I use a sander?

Any help or direction is appreciated.:rockon:

SVTsupremecy

Established Member
ill ask my detailer at my work but all our boat details are done by power tools so im guessing you can use a sander. we use a buffer liquid and a wax and clay bar on all our boats.

03SonicStang

Established Member
All I can say is Vertglas Gel Coat; you can order on Overtons. I have a 20 Ft Fourwinns that is 15 Years old and it looks brand new! You just clean with a abrasive scrubber and then litererly paint the Glen Coat back on the boat. Works perfect; I tried High speed wheels, every kind of wax and wet sanding and it did not even touch the Vertglas! Also if they have it buy the larger "Gel Coat brush" it will save a ton of time!

link: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...cname=Cleaners-/-Waxes&r=view&i=20362&aID=24G

Tom

03SonicStang

Established Member
Vertglas

All I can say is Vertglas Gel Coat; you can order on Overtons. I have a 20 Ft Fourwinns that is 15 Years old and it looks brand new! You just clean with a abrasive scrubber and then litererly paint the Glen Coat back on the boat. Works perfect; I tried High speed wheels, every kind of wax and wet sanding and it did not even touch the Vertglas! Also if they have it buy the larger "Gel Coat brush" it will save a ton of time!

link: http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...cname=Cleaners-/-Waxes&r=view&i=20362&aID=24G

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread