Any BestBuy employees, recommend warranty solution?

Jersey Vics

www.SVTregistry.com
Established Member
My sister bought a Canon SD780 camera at BestBuy with warranty... the camera started crapping out on me and I'd like to get it replaced. Its my understanding that BestBuy will first attempt to fix it, but ideally I'd like it replaced.

Any recommendations on how to make it happen?

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
All Best Buy service plans are exactly that, service plans. Unless its on it's 4th repair, the no lemon law kicks in and you are eligible for a replacement or equivalent specification. If you don't want a replacement, you can get the value of the camera that is equivalent in specification, in store credit.

If it's uneconomical to repair the unit, the service center will flag it as such, and the item will be flagged as "JUNKOUT". You get a phone call and come in to get a replacement of equivalent spec. A new service plan, however, will have to be purchased on the new item though. The old service plan takes the hit for your replacement.

Another condition that would entitle you for a replacement, would be if the product is flagged as "NO SERVICE" when the service plan number is being punched in for the covered item to be sent out to service. It literally pops up on the screen and says, "No SERVICE" lol.

Hope that answers your question!

:beer:

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Point and shoot cameras are not worth repairing. The service cost will always exceed the dealer cost on the camera. They will give you a new one, eventually.

Next time buy your cameras at Costco. Lifetime over the counter refund. Then use the money to buy another camera, or whatever else you may want.
Just make sure you save the box and receipt. I have returned stuff for failure after seven years with no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread