Any bartenders in the house??

0TriZzlePhatRid

I recently ate at the cheesecake factory and had an "El Diablo". The menu says it contains Patron, Cointreau, pomegranate juice, grapefruit, and a squeeze of lime.

Well does anyone know the quantity of each ingredient? I have searched everywhere in google and aparantly they make the classic el diablo differently, i dont care to know about that.

I want to know how the Cheesecake factory makes it.

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member
Almost every drink has 1 1/4 ounces of the main liquor, 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of the secondary liquor, and then the mixers to taste. So probably like 4-6 ounces of the juices. Then garnish that bitch. Voila. You have a very gay margarita.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Almost every drink has 1 1/4 ounces of the main liquor, 1/2 to 3/4 ounce of the secondary liquor, and then the mixers to taste. So probably like 4-6 ounces of the juices. Then garnish that bitch. Voila. You have a very gay margarita.

lol

0TriZzlePhatRid

Cool. But you didnt help me worth a d*mn. If that were the case then recepies' wouldnt contain the quantitave amount.

Im wondering equal parts pom and grapefruit? a splash of grapefruit?

Thanks again smarta$$

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
Cool. But you didnt help me worth a d*mn. If that were the case then recepies' wouldnt contain the quantitave amount.

Thanks again smarta$$

Weather being a smart ass or not, he is right. The only way for any of us to know the exact amounts would be to work at the Cheesecake factory in that state. Each company is going to be slightly different and each state has different laws.

I'd say your best bet would be to try:
1 1/2 oz Patron
1/2 Cointreau
2 oz Pom
2 oz Grapefruit
and squeeze half a lime

Shiper

Really Cool Guy
Established Member

Thanks again smarta$$

I told you how much to use. What else do you want man? You make it to taste. If every restaurant put out their recipes, then what would be the point of "El Diablo" at Cheesecake Factory? Everyone would make it. You're gonna have to do a little investigating to get the perfect blend.

If I had to guess, I'd say it actually has sweet and sour in it, with maybe an ounce, ounce and a half of pomegranate syrup in it and just a splash of grapefruit. If you wanna know that bad, just ask the bartender. I'm sure he'll/she'll tell you.

And I'd edit your post before you get infractions for bypassing the obscenity filter. This ain't smackdown amigo.

Last edited:

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
Weather being a smart ass or not, he is right. The only way for any of us to know the exact amounts would be to work at the Cheesecake factory in that state. Each company is going to be slightly different and each state has different laws.

I'd say your best bet would be to try:
1 1/2 oz Patron
1/2 Cointreau
2 oz Pom
2 oz Grapefruit
and squeeze half a lime

i am a bartender. this sounds right to me. i approve

Niks97cobra

Ready to Go!
Established Member
i am a bartender. this sounds right to me. i approve

Me as well... if you like margaritas, here is mine I like:
1 1/4 oz 1800
1/2 grand ma
1/2 cointreau
3 oz margarita mix
1 oz oj
splash of cranberry

Of course salt the rim, on the rocks, garnish with salt.

countrysquire

Search then Ask
Established Member
My favorite margarita recipes is as follows

Mix into shaker with ice:
1 1/2oz Tres Gen Anejo
3/4oz Grand Marnier
1/2oz Orange Juice
2 Squeezed Lime Wedges and throw into tin
Splash of Finest Call Sour
One fresh jalapeno slice
A few dashes of salt from a salt shaker

Shake and strain into chilled mug over ice. No lime needed. No salt garnish needed.

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
full shot Patron, half shot Cointreau, squeeze of lime and just eyeball the juices till you get the taste youre after...probably about half and half

canibus

Established Member
How do you guys remember all these drinks and what happens when someone asks for something you don't know how to make

SVTullio

Typical Vette Driver
Established Member
How do you guys remember all these drinks and what happens when someone asks for something you don't know how to make

Thats like a bartender asking a mechanic how he remembers the names of all the parts of a car, and how he fixes something hes never fixed before.

Its what these people do every damn day of their lives. Theyre gonna eventually remember something. Unless theyre complete retards.

wait this isnt smackdown?

oh.
:dancenana:

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member

What the other people say, or they just make something up. Molly was drinking with her ex and some friends. They wanted to see what happens when the make something up, so one of them ordered a "green t-shirt" (one of them was wearing a green t-shirt) and got something in return.

Users who are viewing this thread