Any autox or track Michelin A/S 3? Looking to purchase new tires

cheeser

Established Member
I finally pulled the trigger and purchased new wheels (Forgestar CF10 in 19-9/10) and am looking for tires.

I am moving up from the stock GT tires and perform one HDPE event and maybe 1 - 2 autox events a year and in a quandary in whether to purchase the PSS or A/S 3? I am not looking to be the fastest at this time as I still stock with the stock brakes which I am hoping to switch out to the Brembo 4 pistons next year. As fyi, I am not currently not overdriving the brakes on the track as I am a still a bit cautious.

I was looking to purchase the A/S 3's for now and then maybe purchase dedicated track/autox wheels and tires in a couple of years after I have the better brakes. As a result, I was looking to see if anybody else may track or autox their A/S 3? Most people are telling me to just move to the PSS, but as this car may see some colder climate (but no snow) here in CO and the A/3's have better life, they may better suite me until I have dedicate track tires.

thanks

Kyle55

Established Member
I wouldn't use a staggered setup for autocross. Go with the Michelin PSS for sure and when u get more serious to do autocross get some 18x9.5 or 18x10 forged wheels and an extreme performance tire, I recommend re-11.

cheeser

Established Member
After deciding to install the A/S3's in staggered setup (255/40 & 285/35), I took it out to the local track yesterday for 12 2 1/2 mile laps . Tires performed quite a bit better than the stock Pirellis as the rear wasn't sliding around like it did before. I checked out the wear on the tires, and seems pretty good...no chunking.

I am still the limiting factor though...bit sqeemish in how fast to come into the corners after the longer runs with the stock brakes. I will be installing the Brembos in a few weeks.

IMG_4461 (1024x768).jpg
IMG_4462 (1024x768).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread