Any artist amongst us? (Tattoo related).

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Guys, I'm looking to get my sleeve tat sketched out and already have the theme in mind but so far, no too many artist have been able to bring my idea to fruition. What I hope to get is a sort of 1960's ish Robot Warfare (i.e. Rock'em Sock'em Robots style)....with Firecracker esque explosions, generic looking missiles, etc....its paying homage to an old family friend who use to build me custom model jets, robots, toys etc...for free. He passed away before I could ever get it done. Maybe point me to some forums if not...Been searching the web and have contacted a few studios along with lurking a few forums but no such luck. I'm willing to fly anywhere if you know a good artist.

Last edited:

djsKS93

meh.
Established Member
Guys, I'm looking to get my sleeve tat sketched out and already have the theme in mind but so far, no too many artist have been able to bring my idea to fruition. What I hope to get is a sort of 1960's ish Robot Warfare (i.e. Rock'em Sock'em Robots style)....with Firecracker esque explosions, generic looking missiles, etc....its paying homage to an old family friend who use to build me custom model jets, robots, toys etc...for free. He passed away before I could ever get it done. Maybe point me to some forums if not...Been searching the web and have contacted a few studios along with lurking a few forums but no such luck. I'm willing to fly anywhere if you know a good artist.

Sounds like it would be a sweet tatoo, hope you can find someone to do it right.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
In before "you're going to regret this when you get older". Good luck man. I still want to find a pro with bio mechanics for the one I've had designed for a few years now.

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
In before "you're going to regret this when you get older". Good luck man. I still want to find a pro with bio mechanics for the one I've had designed for a few years now.

LOL, I've heard that before but I have over 1k worth of work on my back and ribs. Alex Grey mural on my back, huge maze with a mouse running inside of it on my ribs, atom symbol on my right forearm.....my current job doesn't mind seeing as I now mostly work from home. They just ask that I wear long sleeves if I have to meet with VP's etc.....you'd be surprised at how many artist claim they can do it but when the sketch-up comes it looks horrible.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
LOL, I've heard that before but I have over 1k worth of work on my back and ribs. Alex Grey mural on my back, huge maze with a mouse running inside of it on my ribs, atom symbol on my right forearm.....my current job doesn't mind seeing as I now mostly work from home. They just ask that I wear long sleeves if I have to meet with VP's etc.....you'd be surprised at how many artist claim they can do it but when the sketch-up comes it looks horrible.

damn where do i apply? :beer:

Jaysin

Established Member
I'm not sure if this will help, but I'll share anyway. There is a member on here, his screen name is bl831, he's an amazing artist. He doesn't do tattoos, but I did have him draw up 2 of my designs, in which I took to an artist and they just did the stencil and did it. If your having trouble finding an artist who can draw up what your thinking you might want to give bl831 a shot, I'm positive he can do what you want, but then you'd still have to find a tattoo artist to actually do it. Only thing is Brent (bl831) doesn't frequent around here much anymore, but he's a stand up guy and works FAST! I remember telling him what I wanted for my first tattoo (jester), told him what I was wanting, he called and we discussed, the next morning I had an email with 3 separate sketches. Great guy, which is why I went back to him when I had a vision for my second.

Sorry that was so long, and like I said, not sure if it helps, but thought I'd share. Good luck!

crankin

Established Member
hey OP, im just going to throw out Black 13 in nashville tn. I moved down here in may and have heard nothing but good things and could not find a negative reveiw online. Im 24 and have never gotten any work done because i was never overly impressed by the artists where i grew up, but i have an appointment sept 10 at black 13. Shoot them an email with your idea and they will suggest their artist that best fits your style.

oldmodman

Established Member
Just as a suggestion. Google "1940's and 1950's pulp science fiction book covers"

They had some of the most incredible space battles, giant robots, and fantastic aliens on the covers I've ever seen. My mom loved that stuff and had a huge collection of pulp from those decades. And when she was off visiting her parents my dad donated them to charity. He survived, but always walked with a limp after that.:lol1:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member

i think he is even close to you. No body comes up with better work based on your ideas.
he has about 320 pics on his site. Look at them all. He puts together some mindblowing stuff.

Nick Baxter Tattoos

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
Just as a suggestion. Google "1940's and 1950's pulp science fiction book covers"

They had some of the most incredible space battles, giant robots, and fantastic aliens on the covers I've ever seen. My mom loved that stuff and had a huge collection of pulp from those decades. And when she was off visiting her parents my dad donated them to charity. He survived, but always walked with a limp after that.:lol1:

Holy shit man you have made my day!!! That's exactly what Im looking for!!!

Users who are viewing this thread