Any aluminum 3 core radiator suggestions for a supercharged cobra?

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
93 cobra
supercharged w/
electric fan

I need a new radiator to replace my 3 core now. As of now there is very little clearance with the one I am using. I wanted go with a 3 core aluminum but I hear those are slightly bigger than the regular 3 core. I have also heard of guys notching out the plastic in the electric fan to make room for it.

I want one with aluminum cores as well. Any suggestions as to what brand I should go with? Thanks. :thumbsup:

~Jason

newnew019.gif

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
Thanks for the reply. :beer:

I think I may go with a dual core aluminum . I hear the Be Cool radiators are good. The tech guys over there said they have sold many to supercharged guys with electric fans with no fitting problems whatsoever. They have them priced at $349 now. Here is a link to the one I was thinking of.

http://www.becool.com/products_rads_cross.cfm

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
Waz up Richard. :rockon:

The Be Cool Dual core radiator that I am interested in is an 1/8 thicker than the one I have now. I am pretty sure I can make it work. I use the 94-95 ford motorsport fan.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
NAJA, are you free tomorrow afternoon, I need to make a south FL run tomorrow morning. I ould love to meat up with you on the way back, I go down by taking the turnpike.

badvenm

Established Member
Fluidyne is awesome, polished and fit very well on my supercharged mustang w/elec. fan. also they are just a good company, Mine was sitting in the box in my garage for almost 2 years before I ever used it. Put it in and it had a small leak, Called them told them the story and didn't have my receipt and they sent me a new and paid for the shipping. Awesome company. Also by far the best looking ones are the market right now. Get on their website and look at them. They are also 349.00

badazznotch

Established Member
badvenm said:
Fluidyne is awesome, polished and fit very well on my supercharged mustang w/elec. fan. also they are just a good company, Mine was sitting in the box in my garage for almost 2 years before I ever used it. Put it in and it had a small leak, Called them told them the story and didn't have my receipt and they sent me a new and paid for the shipping. Awesome company. Also by far the best looking ones are the market right now. Get on their website and look at them. They are also 349.00

I agree on the fludyne. I've had them on the past 2 cobras i've owned. The one before was supercharged also. I sat in traffic for 1 hour and 45mins to get to the gate at the NMRA World Finals in September and the car never got over 190. It was bumper to bumper traffic the whole time and pretty hot. I was really impressed with it.

buddha93

Established Member
I started with a Be-Cool radiator, but switched to a Fluidyne. The Be-Cool I had was just too damn thick and didn't leave me much room for a decent fan. I did a lot of research on radiator dimensions after that and the Fluidyne was the thinnest dual core radiator I could find. It is also one of the best fitting radiators I've used.

Users who are viewing this thread