Any 93 Cobra's with K. Bell "Blowzilla" SC?

sled

Established Member
i wanna see what kinda power these things can make. i think their cool, but i cant see them working to well.

~Ray~

Established Member
I got 4, (3) coming up for sale aswell if interested, (1) 2.2 Flowzilla, (2) 2.2l Blowzillas "one is brand new" & (1) 1.5l. Powerwise Kenne Bells make awesome power, they don't make as high of #s as say a centrifugal but they make way more power throughout the rpm's "2000-5000", here's my old dyno sheet when I was running a stock block 12lbs of boost on a Blowzilla with GT-40 Y303 Heads & shorty headers, I'm making about 465 RWHP & 600 Ft/lbs of Torque now with my new combo (see signature),

dyno3.jpg

Last edited:

93BlkCbra

Established Member
I was asking the same question for months and knowing I wouldn't be happy
unless I got what I really wanted, went ahead and ordered the 2.2l flow/blow. I've
had it 2 weeks and am still trying to carve out the time to install and get tuned. You'll
see guys get in heated debates over centris and kb's, but on a street car I think it's
just a question of how do you want your power? There's quite a group of Kenne Bell
guys on corral, search those threads and I think you'll find the answers your looking for. I'll post when I get mine on.

sled

Established Member
i know the KBs have a shit load of power down stairs. my buddy use to have a KB before he went turbo. he had trouble with 12s. he had an aod vert with H/C/I. this the only reason i like the vortechs over the KB's.

i do love the sound of the kenny bell though!!!

jhein2580

Established Member
~Ray~

Did you have any problems with 12lbs of boost on the stock block and internals? Did something break to make you go to a 331 stroker, or did you just want more power? One of the main reasons I want a KB is that not many people have one and I really like the look of a roots style blower vs the cent. So for mostly street use, I think 465RWHP will hand most street cars there ass. But will all these new cars coming out stock with 350~500HP I need something to keep the respect of the 93 cobra. :)

Thanks for all the info and opinions, keep them coming.

~Ray~

Established Member
jhein2580 said:
~Ray~

Did you have any problems with 12lbs of boost on the stock block and internals? Did something break to make you go to a 331 stroker, or did you just want more power? One of the main reasons I want a KB is that not many people have one and I really like the look of a roots style blower vs the cent. So for mostly street use, I think 465RWHP will hand most street cars there ass. But will all these new cars coming out stock with 350~500HP I need something to keep the respect of the 93 cobra. :)

Thanks for all the info and opinions, keep them coming.

12 might be pushing it alittle bit, but no it'll do 12lbs no problem with the right tune, For Instance: when I was running 14lbs I could stomp the pedal from a cruise of 50 - 60 mph & break em loose that was in 4th gear on 245 Kuhmos, Kenne Bells are no Joke, there is no better satisfaction than having a Kenne Bell if you ask me, it's like everytime you hit the gas you got 1000HP ;)

Get one or buy one of mine, they not only are more fun to drive but they last outlast centrifugals by along run, Kenne Bell actually states there compressors will outlast your motor 100+k miles where centrifugals your gonna find yourself having to have it rebuilt every couple months or if your lucky every couple years.

Last edited:

~Ray~

Established Member
sled said:
ive never rebuilt my s-trim and its 3 years old.

Cool Beans, how often do you drive it & how many miles you got on it ?

I've had & seen alot of bad experience from Vortech, Powerdyne, etc but I have also heard people say there centrifugals lasted em years aswell.

What's your combo & power ?

04MystiCobra

Tuning L&M heart
Established Member
I ran an S trim for 4 years with no problems at all. Drove it all the time. Even had it in Germany. Even when I upgraded to the YS I enjoyed the S trim better. Solid blower.

jhein2580

Established Member
For those who have a Kenne Bell:

For some reason I have an uneasy feeling about this company.

1) Is the support for their product good? a) Website is weak for information b) Last time I tried to call the "tech" line it just rang and rang and a answering maching picked up. (very mom and pop shop like?)

2) Why do they only sell factory direct? To me, their explaination on the web page appears to be more of a marketing "scam" (for lack of a better term) verses about keeping cost down. I know they are in the business of making money but when they are at least $1000 more then most SC's I have to wonder?

This is from their page:
"Since 1968, it has been company policy to sell our products "factory direct" to our customers. By selling direct via our catalog, website and phone, we eliminate the middleman or Internet Retailer's profit. This allows us to pass the savings on to our customers and offer superior kits at a competitive price - along with the very best tech support and service.

The alternative would be to raise the prices, lower the quality and reduce the features of our supercharger kits to offset the Internet Retailer, Mail Order House, WD or Distribuotr's profit. We are unwilling to do so. We are simply not interested in selling Kenne Bell products through Internet Retailers. All supercharger kits are designed, calibrated and tuned by Kenne Bell. We provide technical support and service, an informative website and are the exclusive repair center for our superchargers, so we know our product better than anyone"

Trust me I want a KB but if someone can give their take on the company it might give me a warm fuzzy about investing $4000 + into a mod.

Thanks,

~Ray~

Established Member
There support is excellent, though sometimes it's hard to get ahold of em but they are not just people answering the phones, your talking to the people who not only made but install & tune them aswell, people like Jim Bell directly & I have ordered 3 Kenne Bells from em just in the last year & they have always been great with giving me discounts, free stuff, etc, etc.

They used to sell to resellers untill about 2 years ago, the reason why is demand, Kenne Bells are always on back order & they not onlycan not keep up with there own orders it's sensless to sell there product for less to resellers so they can turn around & resell em for a profit, if business ever goes bad or Kenne Bell steps up production I'm sure they'll start offering there units to resellers again.

As for price Kenne Bells outlast centrifugals by a mile centrifugals normaly only last a few thousand to 10 thousand miles where Kenne Bells last 100,000 miles plus "there said to outlast your motor" so if you do the math you'll see that extra $1000 is $ well spent ;)

If your buying a Kenne Bell your not buying another blower, Your Buying an Experience, let me tell you there is nothing like a Kenne Bell, it's like comparing the choo choo train to a Roller Coaster Ride ;)

kennebell.jpg

Last edited:

jhein2580

Established Member
Thanks,

I am starting to get my warm and fuzzy about KB. Or is that something else.... Just joking. Thanks for the testimonial and I do believe in the facts of "getting what you pay for". Never settle for less than the best.

Thanks again.

:thumbsup:

sled

Established Member
my car has a 331 stroker with an S-trim. its only about 6 or 7psi and it made 462rwhp and 487twtq. this was on a 90 degree day, so im sure it could have done more. the car has somewhere around 15-20k on the motor/blower. all my cars have had S-trims and only 1 has went bad. the seal went and i bought this blower use from a friend. it was on his car when he got it, so it has to be around 8 years old.alot of my friends run the S-trim and t-trim and all of us have had great luck with them. i had a procharger and it was the biggest POS ive had yet. it always leaked. as for the KB's out lasting the motor thats beacause they normally blow the motor up IMO. they force Hot air in. Like i said my buddy Dennis had one and he went threw a few stock short blocks (why he keeps using stock blocks i dont know). he was running 6psi and his car couldnt run with any of our cars. he switch to an HP turbo kit and has never looked back. he loves it! just so you guys get an idea. his car ran between 13.20s and 12.80s with the KB. Now the same motor with the HP kit runs 10.90s-10.80s. again this is just IMO.
his set-up is TFS heads and intake with maybe a very mild cam. its an AOD vert car too.

~Ray~

Established Member
Ya there ain't no words to explain the feeling of a Kenne Bell, from the day you first get on it you'll have a grin on your face you won't be able to remove for months, like I said I have 3 Kenne Bells coming up for sale here shortly if interested, 2 Blowzillas 91 polished) & a 1.5l if interested.

~Ray~

Established Member
sled said:
my car has a 331 stroker with an S-trim. its only about 6 or 7psi and it made 462rwhp and 487twtq. this was on a 90 degree day, so im sure it could have done more. the car has somewhere around 15-20k on the motor/blower. all my cars have had S-trims and only 1 has went bad. the seal went and i bought this blower use from a friend. it was on his car when he got it, so it has to be around 8 years old.alot of my friends run the S-trim and t-trim and all of us have had great luck with them. i had a procharger and it was the biggest POS ive had yet. it always leaked. as for the KB's out lasting the motor thats beacause they normally blow the motor up IMO. they force Hot air in. Like i said my buddy Dennis had one and he went threw a few stock short blocks (why he keeps using stock blocks i dont know). he was running 6psi and his car couldnt run with any of our cars. he switch to an HP turbo kit and has never looked back. he loves it! just so you guys get an idea. his car ran between 13.20s and 12.80s with the KB. Now the same motor with the HP kit runs 10.90s-10.80s. again this is just IMO.
his set-up is TFS heads and intake with maybe a very mild cam. its an AOD vert car too.

Ya that's because you have a intercooler, intercoolers make alot more horsepower & like I said centrifugals make more max power that's true because the higher you rev the more boost your gonna make but kenne bells make more power from 2000-5500 than centrifugals do @ the same boost, the only reason centrifugals make more power is because the higher revs. As for breaking blocks I have not broken one yet running a kenne bell, being centrifugals rev alot higher there is a higher chance of cracking a block using a centrifugal vs's a Kenne Bell but it's all about balancing of the motor.

I'm not saying every centrifugal is bad but just like you said they do have to be rebuilt alot & I've seen em go bad in as little as a few miles but hey that's centrifugals, Kenne Bells are alot more dependable though centrifugals are better for track times that's only because of the power band where is a centrifugal slowly builds boost & kenne bells make full boost always so traction plays a major role in that.

It's all about would you rather have a centrifugal that feels like you don't even have a supercharger when you hit the gas but slowly pulls harder & harder throughout the rpms or do you want a supercharger that feels like you have 1000hp anytime you touch the gas that's the difference in a Kenne Bell, For Instance: @ 2500rpm in 4th gear I can stop on it & break the tires, that's what I like about kenne bells, it's a personal preferrance really but I love the power that you can feel anytime not when I'm waiting & slowly building boost but thats me ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread