any 9 or 10 sec cars

2003cobra

Established Member
Just wondering is there any 9 or 10 sec cars roaming through this site?? if so post them up i would love to see them.

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
I won't be posting complete info till I finish things(doing a swap to an 87 coupe), but I'll say I managed 126+mph on the 1st night of testing in my current body. I wasn't running slicks or skinnies. N/A 408 in a 91 LX. It has nitrous too, but I'll leave that out for now. This probably won't see much street duty anymore because it keeps breaking transmissions, probably due to heat.

Sax1031

Established Member
My car has been 3 10.90s@123-124mph with a 150 shot of gas.

It has run 11.90s na but usually runs 12.0s-12.10s@~111mph. We still haven't worked out all the tuning with the nitrous yet so we are expecting to pick up. Also I am waiting now to get the new Big Shot(150-400hp) System so I have no nitrous right now.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
All this talk about 10s and nitrous makes me want to run out and slap on the NX Stage One #20922 kit.

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Perhaps the real question is, "How many of us have the driving skills to get 9 - 10 second times from our beasts?" There are a heck of a lot of powerful machines on this and other sites (OK...Dyno Queens) that never see a track. I know a fellow Vette owner who's car ran in the 9's, but it was with a driver who knew what he was doing.

I am the first to admit my car would be a real contender with someone behind the wheel who knows what he is doing.

OCMike

Established Member
San Fransisko, Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Originally posted by Sax1031
OCMike- My father was the one who run the 10 second runs. My best is an 11.1x @119mph on gas. And na my best is [email protected]

Hey, those are great numbers! You will be in the 10's soon! I am doing some more tweaking to my Vette right now, and when it's done, I will get a buddy of mine who is a drag enthusiast to run it and give me some pointers.

Do you run at a decent, well-prepped strip?? Most of the strips here in So Cal suck!

Blown408 86GT

94GT 617 rwhp fun machine
Established Member
Im expecting some low 10s once I get a couple of bugs ironed out with my 86GT. It has trapped at a 128 in and out of the throttle through the 1/4. (Tried some nittos but they wouldn't hook)

Paul

Last edited:

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
Originally posted by Blown408 86GT
Im expecting some low 10s once I get a couple of bugs ironed out with my 86GT. It has trapped at a 128 in and out of the throttle through the 1/4. (Tried some nittos but they wouldn't hook)

Paul
Add slicks and go for it. I'd expect 9's. :thumbsup:

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
If your not a great driver, then decide what you want to go and make the car go that fast.

If I want my car to go 12.0's for example, but say I'm not a good driver, I would make the car faster. So then if a pro can go 10.90's in the car, then when you drive it, give yourself space for a horrible R\T, a bad 60ft, and then wammo you can hit your target goal :) lol

So for you guys that want 10's and can't drive there, build a 9sec car....... lol

Sax1031

Established Member
Originally posted by OCMike
Hey, those are great numbers! You will be in the 10's soon! I am doing some more tweaking to my Vette right now, and when it's done, I will get a buddy of mine who is a drag enthusiast to run it and give me some pointers.

Do you run at a decent, well-prepped strip?? Most of the strips here in So Cal suck!

Yes I run at Darlington International Dragway in South Carolina, it is usually prepped really good. My father has run some 1.5x 60ft times on na runs their, I normally see 1.65-1.75 60ft times.

Good luck with your vette man.

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Just can't make it. 11.07 @ 127 is the best i can get out of my race car. Just cant get the traction needed, and i refuse to hack it up in the back end. 66 Nova SS and all i can get are 9inch slicks, however i have learned to live with 11.0's :)

Sax1031

Established Member
TK94Bird- All you need is a 0.5mph tailwind and you would be their. Try taking a dump before the next run you make at the track. J/k Why is it always the .0s that are the hardest to get past? You start with getting into the 12s and you get stuck at 13.0s, then you want 11s and you get stuck at 12.0s, and on and on. Why do they cause such a problem?

We also run 9 inch slicks on my car. Just keep trying you will get it. You definately have the trap speed for it.

TK94Bird

whoopin some ass
Established Member
Me and this car have been battling for over 13 years. It started as a mint 350/350 combo, now 6 engines, countless trannies and sheesh i think about 80k later i became satisfied to where it was and have left it there. Its a fun occasional street cruiser, but i can still go to the track and run the number year after year. Acceptance of this has been good to me and my wallet :)

NoSVT's4me

Established Member
I had to read that first part again. It looked like you meant the 350/350 was a factory combo. I then determined you meant it was very clean...

11.0 isn't slow and I think anyone should be able to live with themselves, even if they simply never go quicker! heheh Most people never see 13's, unless it was while watching somebody ELSES car.

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:eek: I've been at this site for over a year and I'm still in awe of the rides you guys are building. Just posting to say keep up the great work.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
I've run a few mid 9s....

IN the 1/8th.....does that count?

Users who are viewing this thread